New BlitzCoder Site/Forum Beta Now Up

Started by RonTek, October 31, 2017, 10:49:28

Previous topic - Next topic

RonTek

Hello all,

Just getting this out there after a few days working on it and what got started in this thread.

* Made with Bootstrap, fully responsive and mobile ready.
* Markdown Editor with Syntax Hilighting.
* Post tags with suggestions.
* Adding more features like site themes, GNet, New Code Snippets Section, etc.

A mix of old and new and still a work in progress, but getting somewhere..  :)

http://blitzcoder.org/forum

cheers.

Rooster

markcwm

Nice work, would be good to have a Blitz specific site around, sounds like you know what you're doing. Anyway good luck I'll be signing up soon. 8)

ENAY

Hmm. I all for resurrecting BlitzCoder, but I can't help but feel that since old skool Blitz members are a bit thin on the ground in recent years, do we really need another forum to fragment what few members we have lurking around here?

RonTek

Quote from: Rooster on October 31, 2017, 15:49:45
I saw that earlier, looking good.

Thanks Rooster :)

Quote from: markcwm on October 31, 2017, 20:47:02
Nice work, would be good to have a Blitz specific site around, sounds like you know what you're doing. Anyway good luck I'll be signing up soon. 8)

Hey Mark, thanks and looking forward to it. Btw just added OpenB3D as category and also have MiniB3D as separate.  ;D

Quote from: ENAY on November 01, 2017, 02:00:25
Hmm. I all for resurrecting BlitzCoder, but I can't help but feel that since old skool Blitz members are a bit thin on the ground in recent years, do we really need another forum to fragment what few members we have lurking around here?

Hi ENAY, I'm glad and same here. As Mark already mentioned, this is more of a Blitz focused site with a breath of fresh air, while trying out something new and gathering resources and what can be used from the old, tried and tested stuff.

Now working on the new code archives and also GNet..

Rick Nasher

Nice to see that familiar structure and GNET up and running is very good, but site's presently is toooo white(bright) for me.

Also, currently more into AGK. If one day BlitzMax-NG is getting to a level comparable(e.g. easy multiplatform, shaders and physics) then I'd return, otherwise I don't a reason for that(yet).

RonTek

Quote from: Rick Nasher on November 02, 2017, 12:40:33
Nice to see that familiar structure and GNET up and running is very good, but site's presently is toooo white(bright) for me.

Also, currently more into AGK. If one day BlitzMax-NG is getting to a level comparable(e.g. easy multiplatform, shaders and physics) then I'd return, otherwise I don't a reason for that(yet).

Thanks Rick. :) I see and will eventually add custom themes like dark style.

NRJ

May be it's a good idea of setting up of the  blitz only website blitzcoder.org, people at here syntaxbomb are asking lesser queries on blitz plus, blitz 3d and blitzmax, blitz users have fully lost their interest in using blitz3d and partially in using blitzmax after closing of the blitzbasic.com.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,  YOU CAN DO IT...

http://www.nksoftgames.blogspot.com

Yue

oops, no username Yue register. 3 Letters  :-X

RonTek

Quote from: NRJ on November 04, 2017, 08:58:50
May be it's a good idea of setting up of the  blitz only website blitzcoder.org, people at here syntaxbomb are asking lesser queries on blitz plus, blitz 3d and blitzmax, blitz users have fully lost their interest in using blitz3d and partially in using blitzmax after closing of the blitzbasic.com.

Yes NRJ, this is one of the reason that got me started thinking about a Blitz only site and forum. cheers.

RonTek

Quote from: Yue on November 04, 2017, 14:21:54
What is the Gnet section?

GNet is a master server connection include/library for Blitz3D and BlitzMax. The official site had this service for a long time and you might have seen this on its main navigation links. There's also a gnet mod included in brl modules though I'm not sure if they are somewhat related.

GNet section there is to display currently online host/games using the library and the server address at http://gnet.blitzcoder.org. You can find some examples in the code archives, but I will provide an updated demo code included soon for quick reference and testing using the server address.

RonTek

Quote from: Yue on November 04, 2017, 14:26:50
oops, no username Yue register. 3 Letters  :-X

Hey Yue, you can try again as I have updated the minimum now to 3 characters. :)

RonTek

Code Archives now in place (clean slate) with forum integration using tags.

http://blitzcoder.org/forum/codearcs.php