Voting time for Mixed Genre theme game competition - Jun 30th 2018

Started by Qube, July 01, 2018, 20:42:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Derron

@ curtastic
I think you can ask Rainer (rainer's tilesets - where you got your GFX from) to render them in a higher resolution. I was in contact with him (over 10) years ago and at that time he was a nice dude - think this did not change. He meanwhile moved from Poser to Blender (or the Blender Fork they develop) but it should still be possible.

Alternatively we could do some stuff in collaboration here in the forums. With a bit (big bit ;-)) of polishing and enhancements like temporary buffs (x hits in a row -> 5 seconds speed buff etc), varying map sizes or boss fights you will create a addicting game.
If you are not interested in such a thing but others are - feel free to open up a new thread for a Tower Swap Clone ;-)

@ voting
Still on holidays and up to no time for serious game reviews...argh.

bye
Ron

BasicBoy

1 - Tower Swap
2 - Bug Hunter: Annihilation Complex
3 - Redshirt Fodder

Most original/complete:  Sacred Lands

Well done, and thanks, to all those who submitted a game for this compo.

Qube

1st Redshirt Fodder
2nd Triss
3rd Tiny Pixel Wars
Most original / complete : SacredLands
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Qube

Voting now closed...

I'll tot up the winners later today and make a happy post ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

Looking forward to your happy post... I read your votes Qube and thought yay, All my faves got a placing - then in my wearified waking up state realised it WAS just your votes and not the competition results.

I know I already congratulated everyone on their entries, the quality of the submissions is very high. Well done to all for their polished entries, I need to have realisitic goals for the next competition to allow me finish something. I need to not so much aim high, as aim to achieve something that'll have a slice of gameplay. I did really enjoy playing the tetris esque game - my son loved red shirt fodder. Great to see it was made with Monkey 2 also, yep I'm a BRL fanboy ;)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

NRJ

I feel very disappointed, none of the games run on my pc except the two browser based game entries.

It's time to change/modify my pc.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,  YOU CAN DO IT...

http://www.nksoftgames.blogspot.com

PixelPaladin

@NRJ: It could also be that you are missing some libraries. For example many of the games use OpenGL for rendering and OpenAL for sound – I'm not sure if that comes with windows ...

iWasAdam

NRJ

IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,  YOU CAN DO IT...

http://www.nksoftgames.blogspot.com