Blitz3D NG Download

Started by MikeHart, June 09, 2017, 05:31:55

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

Mikey

Mike

What happened to the code archives on the old BlitzBasic.com?

Has it migrated over to another spot?

Mikey

Thanks GW

It's locked but it looks like it's all there.

Pfaber11

I have blitz3d what is the difference between blitz3d and blitz3d NG ? Thanks
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

RonTek

Quote from: Pfaber11 on December 31, 2017, 17:40:39
I have blitz3d what is the difference between blitz3d and blitz3d NG ? Thanks

In a nutshell, Blitz3D-NG is an attempt for Blitz3D to breakaway from the DirectX7 legacy curse and enhance visuals with the upgrade to OpenGL and possibly other renderers like DX9 or DX11 (roadmap) using shaders and other modern gpu techniques. More info on repo description. kfprimm (author/maintainer) still plans to retain DX7 though as part of the renderer options.

Pfaber11

I would really like to use blitz3d NG but could not find a way to download it from the above link. Is there somewhere else I can download it from. Thanks
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .

RonTek

Quote from: Pfaber11 on December 31, 2017, 18:23:27
I would really like to use blitz3d NG but could not find a way to download it from the above link. Is there somewhere else I can download it from. Thanks

I had app exe crashes on my last download and build, but I guess I could try this again and provide a clean release for download. The alpha versions (https://github.com/blitz3d-ng/blitz3d-ng/releases) is way too outdated to see most of the changes including new opengl renderer.

Afaik, this project is still experimental and unstable so it is still ideal to roll your own build.

Pfaber11

Hello still can't work out how to download blitz3d NG. Github  is strange.

Rick Nasher

Is there no longer a problem with audio?
I thought in the original Blitz3D there was a license for fmod that can't be included in free re-builds just like that for it's not free, or something changed in that regards?

RonTek

Quote from: Pfaber11 on January 01, 2018, 18:57:41
Hello still can't work out how to download blitz3d NG. Github  is strange.

Direct download link is here:

https://github.com/blitz3d-ng/blitz3d-ng/releases/download/v2.0.0-alpha.002/blitz3d_ng_v200-alpha.002.zip

Last update was months ago so it would be just better if you'll email Kevin (git profile) and probably ask for the latest binaries.

RonTek

Quote from: Rick Nasher on January 01, 2018, 19:37:20
Is there no longer a problem with audio?
I thought in the original Blitz3D there was a license for fmod that can't be included in free re-builds just like that for it's not free, or something changed in that regards?

Yes Rick, the opensource version needs fmod licensing which can be obtained from fmod site.

Amanda Dearheart

Ok, I just downloaded Blitz3d NG today, and other than the tagline up at top there is no way to tell the difference between this incarnation of B3d and the previous DX7 version.

So, is there any website I can go to to find out if any of the instruction commands have been changed, added, deleted, etc.

How do I access the OpenGL features, or DX9 mode. etc.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

MagosDomina

I haven't tried Blitz3dNG yet but I'm curious if it behaves well with extensions like Fastlib?

This project does not add new features to how you code with Blitz3d, but attempts to add modern compatibility and the performance enchantments which come with Dx9, 64bit computing, and Opengl rendering.

Wasn't there another project like this that was attempting to extend the functions of Blitz3d? But the main programmer/project lead passed away? :(

Lucky_Strikez

Is this still being worked on?