Blitz3D NG Download

Started by MikeHart, June 09, 2017, 05:31:55

Previous topic - Next topic

round157

Will there be a complete development roadmap for this software? (2018-2019)

Thank you.

MikeHart

I don't think the author is a member of this forum. I would try to contact him via Github and raise an issue there.

Lucky_Strikez

Yeah I was on Github and noticed it hasn't had a commit in over a year, that was why I asked. I hope the project isn't dead, I loved Blitz3D.

MikeHart

Try to contact him. Raise an issue there and tell him his userbase is waiting here :-)

Lucky_Strikez

:)

c0Zm1c

The last issue raised back in March went unanswered so the project may have been abandoned. It doesn't hurt to try I guess but don't get your hopes up.

GrindalfGames

Kevin posted a new build of NG on his discord yesterday that fixes the compiling an executable error and he also said he had made progress with OpenGL working on windows so thankfully Blitz3DNG is not dead just going a little slowly I guess

MikeHart

Yes, just recently the author worked on it again. It is a hobby project, but whenever he finds time and motivation, he does.
The windows DX7 version works fine. There is also an OSX and Linux version but I am not sure if they are working.

There is also a Discord channel for support: https://discord.gg/E6kTHXn

GrindalfGames

I started using B3DNG ages ago but had to drop it when I couldn't compile exes. Now that hes fixed the exe problem Im well chuffed :D
He added a flag for disabling the bilinear texture filter for me(TextureFilter "",1024) so I don't need to use the plugin that crashes when running through steam. So now I can do a steam release if I want to.
For me Blitz3D does everything I need and compatibility is still really high so even just this small addition that NG adds is excellent for me

drfloyd

Hi my friends !

I am still a BLITZ 3D sex addict ;)
My last game (tribute to Ultima, Sundog & Elite), followed by Richard Garriott) :
https://www.gamopat-forum.com/t101951-cosmos-the-secret-melody-1-4-telechargement-gratuit#2922832
Sorry it is about 75% in english (I am French) but transaction progress

But now it is very old... but i don't want to use BLITZ MAX (more powerful but less sexy)

So I consider 3D NG......

3 questions :

1) .EXE is working now with BLITZ 3D NG ?

2) Where is the link to this version ?

3) Last question : is BLITZ 3D NG now manage the virtual resolution (like BLITZ MAX) ? It was a big missing with BLITZ 3D (for exemple to develo game in 320x200 pxl, or for zoom in real time)

Thanks !

Hotshot

Quote from: Lucky_Strikez on May 06, 2018, 15:49:08
Is this still being worked on?

I am bit surprised they have work on Blitz 3D NG but what does mean? Does it mean you have Better versions of Direct X such as Direct x 9?

Amon

I'm trying ot build blitz3d-ng and get the following errors.

"E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\Blitz3D.sln" (default target) (1) ->
       "E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj.metaproj" (default target) (2) ->
       "E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.test.vcxproj.metaproj" (default targe
       t) (88) ->
       "E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.test.vcxproj" (default target) (148)
       ->
       (ClCompile target) ->
         E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\src\bindings\luajit\main.cpp(12,11): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'luajit.h
       ': No such file or directory [E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.test.vcx
       proj]

"E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj.metaproj" (default target) (2) ->
       "E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.d3d7.vcxproj.metaproj" (default targe
       t) (49) ->
       "E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.d3d7.vcxproj" (default target) (149)
       ->
         E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\src\bindings\luajit\main.cpp(12,11): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'luajit.h
       ': No such file or directory [E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.d3d7.vcx
       proj]

"E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.opengl.vcxproj.metaproj" (default tar
       get) (84) ->
       "E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.opengl.vcxproj" (default target) (152
       ) ->
       ': No such file or directory [E:\Apps\blitz3d-ng\build\win32\debug\src\bindings\luajit\runtime\blitzlua.opengl.v
       cxproj]