BlitzBasic Code Archives coming to SyntaxBomb

Started by Qube, June 20, 2017, 00:12:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Nasher

That's wonderful. All in same structure is a real good thing.

Qube

Just to update, this is still going to happen soon soon. I've just been bogged down with real life coding work :(
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Mikey

This is really a great thing

I was new to the site, using them as a source and then, gone.

But now Great!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot wait

Qube

Update : I've have done the code for conversion and forum insertion but there are a handful of irregularities to code around. These should be done today and when ready to insert into the the forum I'll put it into maintenance mode to avoid any issues with MySQL ID's. As the script will be pushing probably 50+ posts a second I think it's best that it has sole priority on it's job.

I estimate that the forums will be unavailable for approx 30 minutes tops for pre and post work. I will take a full database backup beforehand just incase some anomaly wreaks havoc with the forums.
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

Qube

Blitz Code Archives are up :D

There may be a couple of errors here and there and I know they need reordering ( date issues ). But, they are in :P

Until the next time.

GW

Looks good!

can I pose 2 suggestions?
1) remove the period from [.bmx] and [.bb]
2) change the '&amp;lt;' into '<'
3) any way to show more posts per page?

degac

Thanks for putting online the code-archive & comments!

Quick note:
1. if you click (as user) UNREAD (post) you will have something like +150 page to read! (can you make it as 'read' for everyone)?
2. it seems that the archive is 'inside' the forum... good for posting comments, dont' know if so good for searching

If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

Qube

Quote1) remove the period from [.bmx] and [.bb]
Done.
Quote2) change the '&amp;lt;' into '<'
Fixed.
Quote3) any way to show more posts per page?
Only for forum wide and not by board.

Quote1. if you click (as user) UNREAD (post) you will have something like +150 page to read! (can you make it as 'read' for everyone)?
Quickest way is to go into your unread posts, scroll to the bottom and click on "mark all as read"
Quote2. it seems that the archive is 'inside' the forum... good for posting comments, dont' know if so good for searching
Search works fine?

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

Ooo Blitz Code Archives have appeared.  This place suddenly got a whole lot more substantial.  Nice one Qube.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Mikey

Thanks for the BB code archives.

Wonderful Job

Kryzon

Thank you for bringing them here.

There's also the domain set up by skidracer (I think?), it preserves the categories:
http://wasted.nz/codearcs.php

- - - - -
Ehh...thinking about it, why couldn't those forums just have moved to wasted.nz instead of being taken down entirely? It wouldn't be related to BRL anymore, like intended.

GW

Quote from: Kryzon on July 01, 2017, 10:07:46
Ehh...thinking about it, why couldn't those forums just have moved to wasted.nz instead of being taken down entirely? It wouldn't be related to BRL anymore, like intended.

The goal was to burn down the old communities in hopes that everyone would move over to monkey2 which is currently a ghost-town.

GW

btw: There are still are a lot of '&quot;' in the code archives.