Turbo C++

Started by EdzUp, June 19, 2017, 18:22:23

Previous topic - Next topic

EdzUp

Who here remembers the MSDOS Turbo C++.

For me it was the first IDE which I created the first iteration of Ultim on :)

dawlane

Speaking of Turbo C++, you can get it here for Win7,8 and 10. How long for though depends on whether it's move to some other server, as the download link is to the codeplex server.

EdzUp

Quote from: dawlane on June 19, 2017, 22:37:42
Speaking of Turbo C++, you can get it here for Win7,8 and 10. How long for though depends on whether it's move to some other server, as the download link is to the codeplex server.
ROFL the original was MSDOS and didn't have anywhere near those daft requirements ;)

TomToad

I have Borland c++ 5.0 (the successor to Turbo C++) for dos/win3.1/windows 95 development.  Haven't tried running it yet on Win10 to see if it works.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

dawlane

Borland C++ 5.0.2 installs and works as far as I can tell. But it's pointless installing 16 bit support on the 64 bit version of Window 10 (or anything above 64 bit Win7) as there is no 16 bit sub system. You could also have issues with the BDE driver.

Borland CBuilder/Delphi will install and work apart from the BDE.

EdzUp

Yeah true it's definitely a dosbox system now :)

TomToad

Looks like BC++ 5.02 will install on Win10 and compile programs, but when I try to execute a program, a window opens up, but then get  "This program requires Windows 95" error.  I could probably write working Win32 programs with it. I just tried compiling some of the examples, so it is most likely OWL throwing the errors. Avoid OWL and it should work.

------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

therevills

I recall messing around with TC++... but at college we were taught Turbo Pascal!!!