Play Basic

Started by Baggey, February 10, 2021, 18:49:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Baggey

Just reading about the different dialects of basic people have tried or using. To my suprise no mention of PLAYBASIC. It's a Superb language. The only thing that let's it down is it isn't  compiled into PC machinecode. The Guy on there is very active and always egar to help. Unfortunatly it wasnt quite fast enough for me to continue with.
Only time will tell.  ;D

Kind Regards Baggey
Running a PC that just Aint fast enough!? i7 Quad core 16GB ram 1TB SSD and NVIDIA Quadro K620 . DID Technology stop! Or have we been assimulated!

ZX Spectrum 48k, C64, ORIC Atmos 48K, Enterprise 128K, The SID chip. Im Misunderstood!

blinkok

QuoteThe only thing that let's it down is it isn't  compiled into PC machinecode
I thought there was a native code version, or they were woking on it

In my experience, at it's core, it was designed to support 1bit images. Once you get into 32 bit images it slows down a lot.

In my experience i found that AGK was quite a bit faster. Playbasic only supporting windows was a bit of a showstopper for me as well

bplus

Wow! not seen this one before, but I have my head buried in SB, JB, QB64 dabbling in NaaLa and SdlBasic that have pretty much died due to creators moving on.

What a morning I am having, I am buried in Interpreter project and all these new things popping up. It's like Christmas :)

I've bookmarked some links for me at least to check out when in-between projects or on break:
DownLoad: http://www.playbasic.com/sourcecodes.php?Page=1&Order=1&Category=All&Author=All

Forum (looks fairly active): https://www.underwaredesign.com/forums/index.php

Just wondering what some simple code samples looks like and history. Are creator(s) still actively improving?

Oh yeah biggy for me anyway, the IDE how I is it? Does it do Syntax checking and formatting when Enter a line?

1 person likes this

bplus

Just had a few minutes so I go back to check out forum

Looks like something happened, last Challenge was in 2017 doesn't look finished.

Then this (attached). Anyone got the skinny @Baggey or is this going to be text adventure game for me? (which I am not inclined to play but I have been sucked in with a murder mystery, who or what killed PlayBasic?)

1 person likes this

Aurel [banned]

well just another relict..
(Y)

bplus

1 person likes this

Aurel [banned]

are you don't see that anyone on that forum is called member
relic ...relict..dead...
(Y)