Live edit

Started by twgonder, July 02, 2021, 20:38:45

Previous topic - Next topic

twgonder

I'm using SDL 12.20. I see in some online helps that there is a "live edit" that F8 should invoke.
But when I press F8 or select from the help list, nothing happens.
What am I or the documentation missing?

chrisws

Quote from: twgonder on July 02, 2021, 20:38:45
I'm using SDL 12.20. I see in some online helps that there is a "live edit" that F8 should invoke.
But when I press F8 or select from the help list, nothing happens.
What am I or the documentation missing?

There should be some error logging made with the Windows API OutputDebugString()

You'd need to run the DebugView tool to see the logging output.

twgonder

Is This what you are looking for?

chrisws

Quote from: twgonder on July 03, 2021, 04:28:00
Is This what you are looking for?

That's the one... error 3 is "path not found". It must be a problem with the unicode characters in your username.

You could try copying the SmallBASIC files into a plain text folder and running from there.

twgonder

I'm using smallBASIC in South America, and people here use accents and tildes in names and every day language.
For example print "¿Cómo estás esta mañana?" (it has to have the correct tildes or it's gibberish)
How can we use smallBASIC with the latin keyboard and Spanish language?
I would like to teach students BASIC, but I can't do it with this limitation.
Thanks

Extra note: I have a shortcut on the desktop to sbasicg.exe that works fine with the path to start. Adding the "-x" to the "Destino" textbox in properties causes the program to not run. So, maybe it is a problem with the "-x" option?

chrisws

Quote from: twgonder on July 03, 2021, 13:29:22
I'm using smallBASIC in South America, and people here use accents and tildes in names and every day language.
For example print "¿Cómo estás esta mañana?" (it has to have the correct tildes or it's gibberish)
How can we use smallBASIC with the latin keyboard and Spanish language?
I would like to teach students BASIC, but I can't do it with this limitation.
Thanks

Extra note: I have a shortcut on the desktop to sbasicg.exe that works fine with the path to start. Adding the "-x" to the "Destino" textbox in properties causes the program to not run. So, maybe it is a problem with the "-x" option?

The -x option requires the .bas file name argument.

At startup, sbasicg remembers the full path to it's executable name for later use with the F8 key.

There's a problem with how this is handled. I'll fix this in the next update.