BLIde

Started by Krischan, January 10, 2021, 02:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Krischan

Hi there,

beside the fact that I'm still around here (and yes, I'm still working with BMAX+OpenB3D) I just wanted to share a small information you've probably missed:

The full version of the BLIde has gone freeware and is available as a download together with a Blitzmax package at:

https://lemonbytes.com/legacy/

Oh, and if you're wondering what i'm working on right now, see screenshot. And yes, that is BMAX+OpenB3D ;D
Kind regards
Krischan

Windows 10 Pro | i7 9700K@ 3.6GHz | RTX 2080 8GB]
Metaverse | Blitzbasic Archive | My Github projects

therevills

Looks great Krischan!

Yeah BLIde is awesome for BlitzMax, I still use it too :)

I wonder what Ziggy is doing these days....

Xaron

Nice Krischan. Out of curiosity, do you use the classic BMax or the 64bit NG one?

Krischan

Thanks. I'm working on a running demo - but the code is a bit messy, textures must be tweaked and external assets credited first. But it runs good so far.

Yes, I'm still using BlitzmaxOS (32bit). For NG - you can still "code" with BLIde as long as you compile modules and the source with a separate Batch, so just hitting F5 doesn't work there. But it is still the best IDE for Blitzmax IMHO.
Kind regards
Krischan

Derron

What stops you from "wrapping" bcc and bmk so that they call bcc_ng.exe and bmk_ng.exe on their own - with all the passed parameters (corrected accordingly so that you can compile without issues) ?

That way you might be able to make "blide" work with NG.

Of course it might be easier to ask ziggy for an updated version (but maybe this is not as easy as he cannot compile blide with his current installations/setup'd software - or stuff like the textarea-widget are no longer licenced by him ...).

bye
Ron

Krischan

Thats a good point, Derron. I've never tried that - did anybody do this already? Hmm, as BLIde is freeware, one could bundle NG with OpenB3D and BLIde and have a great, FREE 64bit basic game engine framework for everyone ;)
Kind regards
Krischan

Dabz

Thats a good point, Derron. I've never tried that - did anybody do this already? Hmm, as BLIde is freeware, one could bundle NG with OpenB3D and BLIde and have a great, FREE 64bit basic game engine framework for everyone

*Pulls on tinhat*

;) Only playing, would be a start of the "Grand Resurrection" most seem to think is a good idea, I personally think it'll not garner much traction, but hey hoo... But who am I... I tell you who... A noone, thats who! :)

You's play with this shite all of the time, I've crossed that horizon somewhat, so... Would be interesting anyway!

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

LT

AFAIK, getting Blide working with NG takes a bit more than wrapping a couple of calls.  NG has a lot of extra features, so they would need to be supported in the editor and the debugger.  Not being able to use NG with Blide is the only thing that stopped me from switching to NG a long time ago.