What happened to Mark Sibly?

Started by fielder, December 22, 2020, 09:00:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Elliott

lol, yeah I thought it was shit too.   :))
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

fielder

Quote from: degac
so... he switched to Manjaro..

this mean ... no commercial intent.. no money.. no blitz research...

Dabz

He's after my "website of the year" award, which I keep getting emails about saying I've been nominated!

To be fair, I've seen better on Ceefax... And Sibs isnt too grand either! ;) hehehe

this mean ... no commercial intent.. no money.. no blitz research...

No intention of anything other then, well, just doing his thing... Fair play to him really, think he knows the glory days are long gone!
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

DruggedBunny

Dabz

Back-slapping hate-club much?

Not so really James, just opinions!

I know you were close in some ways over the years with Mark, and heavily involved in a lot behind it, but don't take opinions personal... Blitz was a product, like many others, its was sold, to customers, now yes, there was no contract involved, no guns pointing at heads, but it was how he wrapped it all up that have got people... People did use it for bread and butter, I bought everything he ever brought out post Amiga, and, the way it went, it was a bit of a FU if I'm honest, and I never made anything commercial using it, with the language of that particular setup going to GLBasic, because believe it or not, Kitty Hello was and is indeed more approachable then Mark ever was.

So, yes, I do understand why you feel this is a bit of a "hate club" thing, but it isnt, its just a bunch of people, customers, who are discussing what it meant when Blitz was ultimately pulled away from under them, and as it seems, it all ended on bad terms between him, and his customers... Your his mate James, we arent marra, we are just his ex-customers... Its that simple, and I do hate to be that blunt, but... It's the way it is isnt!

So, dont take it personal matey, you neednt!

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

3DzForMe

Mark generated some awesome coding tools, which still cut the old mustard.... On that positive note, thread lock? Not the shite green type, red or blue at the very least.

Have a good year peeps, and as ever, Happy coding😁😍
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

RemiD

QuoteBlitz products are the reason I haven't needed a "real" job in 15 years.
QuoteI put all my faith in BlitzBasic, Blitz3D and BlitzMax, and honestly, made an absolute fuckton of cash from all three
congrats for that!