have U seen the STEAM DECK handheld its pre-ordering on steam

Started by mainsworthy, July 17, 2021, 06:23:19

Previous topic - Next topic

mainsworthy

have U seen the STEAM DECK handheld its pre-ordering on steam.

it looks like you can play all your steam games on it, handheld, it means we can now program for a handheld with no extra effort!

GrindalfGames

It will only run games that already worked on Linux so not your entire steam library.(Because it runs Steam OS which is a Linux based system)
It does look good and I am tempted by it

Pakz

From what I understood it uses the Wine version of Linux that runs every? Windows game.

trashman

Yes they say proton will run most Windows games on Steam, but you can also just install Windows and any other app store, so that means Game Pass and handheld XBox :)

GrindalfGames

Quote from: Pakz on July 17, 2021, 11:57:48
From what I understood it uses the Wine version of Linux that runs every? Windows game.

Oooh this becomes MUCH more interesting

MikeHart

Quote from: trashman on July 17, 2021, 17:15:25
Yes they say proton will run most Windows games on Steam, but you can also just install Windows and any other app store, so that means Game Pass and handheld XBox :)
As tempting as this sounds, don't forget drivers, Windows 11 and which cpus and boards that will support.

trashman

Valve did say in the presentation windows could be installed and any app store so I can only assume drivers wouldn't be an issue, its a Zen 2 processor and RDNA 2 GPU so drivers should exist. But we will see how well it runs, could be interesting.