Blitz Toolbox

Started by markcwm, June 19, 2017, 04:50:24

Previous topic - Next topic

TomToad

The BlitzBasic.com toolbox is still available http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php here for at least as long as the site is still up.  Might be good idea to check there to complete your list instead of web-archives.com, as some pages haven't been updated for several years.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

markcwm

Yeah you're right TomToad I forgot about it being there, now I feel like a right fool. I'll have to edit my OP a bit. lol

In any case an updated list would be no bad thing, and if the software is abandoned and was free I'll host it.

GW

Agreed, A lot of the link on bb.com are bad, working links kept up to date here is a good thing.

3DzForMe

A lot of useful links in this thread, thanks for the share everyone ;)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Derron

Maybe not the most bugfree one - and at least it is pruned to have a GUI-rewite (it might help to restrict functionality a bit more to make it easier to maintain).

https://github.com/GWRon/Dig

Of course it is open source under a nearly non-restrictive licence (zlib/libpng). It includes helpers (string, math), simple vector classes, tooltip-code, GUI-widgets (button, lists - select/slot/basic, panels, checkboxes, input, dropdowns, accordeon, sliders, scrollbars. dropdowns and lists might show scrollbars automatically. Drag'n'Drop-Support), event manager (GUI, Application framework ...), sprite classes + ninepatch support, bitmap font class (including "effect" support), sprite-atlas support, graphics manager (virtual resolution, fullscreen/windowed, ...) including renderer-path-"tryout", localization, logger, lua engine (with easier exposing of blitzmax stuff to lua and vice versa including blacklisting and whitelisting), a registry which sprites and other dig-stuff hooks into so you can easily retrieve stuff "globally"... and much more stuff.

Code should be "NG-compatible". As I use it for our game TVTower I fix compatiblity-issues as soon as I do an NG-64-bit release (basically I extracted the framework from that game's sources as it allows an easier re-usage).

bye
Ron

GrindalfGames

It would appear as if many of the links are no longer valid.
I went through all the links in 3D terrain tools and quite a few others and only one link worked

windman

@grindalf: I'm getting the same results.
Someone has to have downloaded all these a some point. It's a wonder why they are not all listed on this site for reference and availability.
Who should we contact to make this happen?