AGK Dark Theme... Finally \o/

Started by Qube, August 29, 2020, 02:41:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

As some of you may know I'm not a great fan of the latest versions of AGK / AGK Studio as every release after 2018-07-12 all suffered a big frame rate drop ( this includes AGK Studio and without the IDE open ). It's been reported a few times and I even wrote a small test to prove it on Win / Mac / Linux with many confirming it. Nothing has ever been done about it and unfortunately the super duper Vulkan renderer yields zero change on the 3 Mac's I've tried it on. Perhaps the Windows versions are different but I develop on MacOS so :P

One thing that's been annoying me is I mostly code at night, mostly ;D and prefer the dark themes to which AGK ( excluding Studio ) do not have. You can have a darker source code section but the surrounding GUI is still bright.

So before I get coding on the latest game comp I finally decided to see if the GUI side of the AGK IDE can be forced to a more darker appearance. After becoming an expert from a quick Google search I found that Geany ( the editor which AGK's older version is based on ) uses GTK 2.0 and thus opens things up to GNOME themes. So I found a dark one, slapped it into the Geany part of AGK and it worked \o/ - The icons are the same but I'm not fussed about changing those.

Finally I have AGK 2018-07-12 with a dark theme on MacOS ;D

Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

blinkok

Awesome. A "How to" would be great

Derron

Qube

Quote from: Derron on August 29, 2020, 07:23:19
https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php?topic=4232.0

Sometimes people already seem to have tackled it :D

bye
Ron
Well that would have saved me some time :)) - I'll stick this down as a happy personal achievement ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Pfaber11

Hey eventually got the dark theme . I downloaded mine off Media Fire in a zipped folder then unzip it in the directory for AGK2 the one with Tier 1 and Tier 2 on it etc , no need to go any further and unzip it  there . Will try and post a link .http://www.mediafire.com/download/el2fruke6jn8qqa/AGK_Style.zip
I tried everything else and could not get it but this did the trick.
Tried the link and it works fine . Not sure if it is within the rules to put a link on here if it is then I apologise .

HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz