using my coding experience for others things (not making games)

Started by RemiD, August 08, 2020, 14:58:04

Previous topic - Next topic

RemiD

hi guys !  ;D

i hope that you are all well,

just to say that i have not coded to make games for months now (and not interested to do that anymore), and i focus on learning/doing things with real life uses. (mainly product design/making and circuit design/making)

but i still use my coding experience for some things like writing code for arduino, or recently to analyze a csv file to do stuff with the datas and export the result that i want.

so yeah programming can be useful for some applications...

good luck in your endeavours !  ;)

Derron

Steve Elliott

To each their own, Dad always loved his electronics and I have always preferred software creation.  But they're both creative and technical (a good thing in my eyes) so enjoy what makes you happy.   :)
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

RemiD

yes sure, some software/apps are useful, no doubt about that, i use several on my laptop and smartphone, regularly, but people tends to value physical products more than software/apps, so it is easier to sell physical products... (even with a high margin in some obscure niches ahah ;) ).

Matty

Every now and then I tinker with my online journal software.  Sometimes adding features.

For example I now have a variety of search tools that let me analyse word usage over time and pinpoint posts I make referencing those words.

I used to check my mood over time by checking qty of words by month such as 'painful' or 'hurt'.

These days I use it to look up comments I made x years ago to see when my mind first became aware of a concept or idea.