Whats the best IDE for BB3D?

Started by plenatus, July 24, 2020, 00:00:25

Previous topic - Next topic

plenatus

Hi folks...my son would start coding and i think c++ is a little bit to hard...
I prefer Blitz3D for a start to learn the basics.
What is the most userfriendly IDE for it?
Protean freezes most and i tried Ideal.
Maybe an IDE with a dark theme?

What would you say?

Dan

For me, it is still IDEAL.

I'm still using the Unpatched version, but have the patched version installed too (to be able to update the userlibs code).

Sometime, the unpatched version displays an error window, wanting to report it to the MS, but it is nothing serious (just close it, and the ide continues as if nothing has happened). If you can look past it, it is a very good and useful IDE.

You have a builtin code explorer, Snippet manager, file explorer, and you can modify the popup menue and the toolbar buttons as you wish.
(there is a bug which prevents it to keep the big icon settings for the toolbar).

And if you like different colors, it has an theme editor (for the code).

The code completion is very useful too, and it includes the userlibs code as well.

You can let it indent the code (per selection or function) for a better readability.

65536 GOTO Back2Basic

3DzForMe

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Santiago

IDeal!!! i love it!, years working without problems, is excelent

_PJ_

Another recommendation for IDEal from me too.

The "folding" is always useful as well as being able to Jump to definitions from a context menu are features which I use more than anything. I also often use "Snippets" for handy functions that aren't sufficient to warrant an entire library of their own.

Oh, and the autocomplete for long fucntion names is a real help.

Honestly, this IDE has a ton of other neat features which I don't use so much, but are very nice overall.

3DzForMe

Quote. The "folding" is always useful as well as being able to Jump to definitions from a context menu are features which I use more than anything       

Yeah, loved the code folding years ago.... As far back as 07 if I remember rightly.....
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1