Some Kate Bush for you

Started by iWasAdam, July 17, 2020, 08:33:22

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

First let's have a listen and a look

Yep. it was captured live with no overdubs or added effects - just screen captured direct from QasarBeach and then edited with all the visuals in Davinci Resolve.

You can see QasarBeach being used realtime showing the sequencer, live waveform views in 2d, 3d, you want it you got it mode :)

Behind the scenes I added fx busses plus the new reverb and echo effects. And even though the current users don't realise it. the UI is just built on top of the core. and it supports more voices and I use it as the audio core for my games. (shhhh don't tell them I haven't optimized it yet)

It's even got a (bug finding, feature hunting, hardware trying) user group with some of the original engineers and developers of the Fairlights who have all said very nice things - plus offered assistance. So it looks like I've done something right :)

so if you want to know how complex 80's music was to produce. or just want the fastest way to edit a wav file from stereo to mono and back again. here's the link:
https://adamstrange.itch.io/qasarbeach

Written in MX2 which is my version of monkey2.

Derron

Next to the cool software stuff I have a legal question:
It seems you are creating these "covers" (or "remakes"?) of others music. Doesn't Youtube approach to you for doing this? Or the legal rights owners?
Same for the music video in the background.

Just asking as I want to avoid you having to pay a big pile of royalties.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

it's currently a very grey area. if there was copyright hit the content would be immediately removed