my project for the next 40's years

Started by Santiago, July 19, 2020, 22:31:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Santiago

Today I did a calculation, traumatized by the passing of time, and everything I want to do, and I feel that it will not take me all my life to do it.

in the same way that when I broke a tooth, and I thought I would have no teeth ?, then estimate that if every 2-3 years one breaks, I will have teeth until I am 80 years old, some for at least.

so today, thinking about my desire to do several projects, I thought I have 40 more projects to do in my life, and 10 of the big ones.

I always imagined my 80 years programming in basic.

two of my great fantasies are:

1. make a fusion of all the games, and that all the games are a game. so there must be a link between all the games, and everything is related in a large database, and everything affects everything.

2. Make a game, pseudo virtual world, where there is a simple computer, and that the game allows generating new content to the game through programming, so that one could make his world what he wanted ...

I imagine that with a simple code, a basic 3d editor and a textures workshop, you could do something like this, a virtual world.

Luckily, one day, I had the brilliant idea to merge 4 of my games.

Bloody desert - land and strategy
Naval simulator - water - combat -sailing
Tora Tora (would be the air simulator) - planes, helicopters.
and a country simulator (another crazy thing I have).

All these apps use the same combat PACK, and share all the information, units, positions, etc, etc.

so while one plays the airplane game, one can see a sailboat in the sea, which is controlled by another player who is simply sailing.

while a ship is assigned a target through bloody desert, someone who is playing strategy.

This concept, this idea, that I had 1 year ago, filled me with adrenaline, I saw it, I drew the diagram on a4 sheet, and it was like when Emmet Brown discovered the flow capacitor.

- It is not a question, if it is possible or not, I know very well that everything is possible.
- It is not a question of whether it is fun or not, I just want to do it because I believe in the project, in the idea.

Imagine, playing to be the captain of a battleship in the 40's, all in real time, a game that lasts days and days, and many other captains of ships, planes and submarines come out to hunt you, without skip time, as if it really is happening everything in real time, from the celu, at work, your sailors make reports to you, make decisions, change course from where you are.

well, i have just enough time in life to do it.
be on record. :)

gosukiwi

You would enjoy the programming language Lisp, if you ever are bored and want to check it out. Warning: It's not easy to get started, but it's mind-blowing.

I like your crazy ideas :)

Onward!

iWasAdam

QuoteLuckily, one day, I had the brilliant idea to merge 4 of my games.

Bloody desert - land and strategy
Naval simulator - water - combat -sailing
Tora Tora (would be the air simulator) - planes, helicopters.
and a country simulator (another crazy thing I have).

one thing comes to mind: animation and people.
All the above done have any of these. and for any 'living' creation you need to have some form of 'life' - that is where the complexity goes from 1,2,3 to 99999999