Ooops
August 04, 2020, 12:32:15 PM

Author Topic: Anyone using BlitzmaxNG on windows with latest git commits modules, bcc and bmk?  (Read 197 times)

Offline braxtonrivers

Hi everyone,

I am seriously beginning to think that my computer is currently possessed,
[ I have an ASUS Z370-E Intel 8700k with updated Intel ME from ASUS own download page, currently on Windows 10 Pro v2004 (I even just did a fresh reinstall to eliminate any residue in case another MinGW was being detected and used from my msys2 installation) my antivirus software BitDefender reports nothing suspicious, and neither does Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware, memory modules test okay and both hard drive and ssd appear to be healthy. ]

If I download the Blitmax NG package from the git release page as is unchanged into a separate folder - release package 'BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41'
then everything works, as long as nothing is updated, things build and run (except for the latest bcc and bmk - I cannot seem to build them and use them as replacements from the latest git commits without issue)

If I update the modules to their current live git counterparts and attempt to 'rebuild all' or even build - bmk, bcc and maxide
OR
If I update bmk and bcc and then drop them into a fresh separate folder of the release package then it appears to build but nothing will run, and anything with maxgui like maxide appears to cause an exception using latest bcc and bmk for me.

yet whenever I revert back to the last release package using bcc[ng] Release Version 0.120 and bmk 3.41 mt-win32-x86 / gcc 080100 (cpu x12) everything works again as expected, again as long as nothing is updated otherwise problems arise.

So my question is has anyone else recently done a fresh install of BlitMax NG and is currently using the latest live git commits successfully, or am I alone with this and my possessed PC, because it seems pretty strange, I must be missing something, it was working using live git commits which is the weird part then it all suddenly stopped.

Thanks in advance, any advice is appreciated, in the meantime I will stick with the last git release package which is working for me.

Offline Derron

Download the release pack ...
Unzip

Download newest bcc from git, same for brl, pub, sdl, audio, text, crypto and random

Unzip bcc first ... and compile with your "release pack" version.
Replace old bcc with the fresh compiled one.

Rename "mod" to "mod.old", create a new one and unzip the other downloaded modules (you should end up with brl, pub + the other stuff, some might be "new" as eg brl.random was moved to brl.randomdefault and random.mod was added)

Afterwards it should work.

bye
Ron

Offline braxtonrivers

Hi Derron,

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

It would appear that the windows side currently has a few quirks unfortunately as anything requiring MaxGui is unable to build such as MaxIDE which generates the following, I will investigate some more and report back any findings.

[ 92%] Compiling:maxide.bmx.gui.release.win32.x64.c
D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/maxgui.mod/.bmx/driver.bmx.release.win32.x64.c:359:9: error: 'maxgui_maxgui_driver_engine_SetLocalizationMode' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 BBINT(* maxgui_maxgui_driver_engine_SetLocalizationMode)(BBINT);
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/maxgui.mod/.bmx/driver.bmx.release.win32.x64.c:176:2: note: previous implicit declaration of 'maxgui_maxgui_driver_engine_SetLocalizationMode' was here
  maxgui_maxgui_driver_engine_SetLocalizationMode(bbt_Mode);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/maxgui.mod/.bmx/driver.bmx.release.win32.x64.c:360:9: error: 'maxgui_maxgui_driver_engine_SetLocalizationLanguage' redeclared as different kind of symbol
 BBINT(* maxgui_maxgui_driver_engine_SetLocalizationLanguage)(struct maxgui_localization_language_TMaxGuiLanguage_obj*);
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/maxgui.mod/.bmx/driver.bmx.release.win32.x64.c:183:2: note: previous implicit declaration of 'maxgui_maxgui_driver_engine_SetLocalizationLanguage' was here
  maxgui_maxgui_driver_engine_SetLocalizationLanguage((struct maxgui_localization_language_TMaxGuiLanguage_obj*)bbt_language);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Build Error: failed to compile (1) D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/maxgui.mod/.bmx/driver.bmx.release.win32.x64.c
Process complete

Offline Skaven

i think someone on the discord server also said he has issues with maxgui on the latest build but i dont think brucey ever responded to that

Offline braxtonrivers

Hi Skaven,

Thank you, I thought it might have been an isolated case, as my PC was doing some strange things recently when compiling code, it appears as though the updated Intel ME and Windows reinstall has made a difference, rebuilding mame, mameui, messui, retroarch, vice, mupen and dosbox-staging is successful once again, happy days!

Offline braxtonrivers

Thank you Derron and Skaven, this is where it now gets to after the most recent bcc commit f2ce675,

Apologies Brucey and everyone else I really wish I understood enough of the underlying c 'interface mechanics' to actually be of help with BlitzMaxNG development (which is pretty awesome, it is still my main tool of choice, I personally could not get into Unity at all, totally my fault though not Unity's)

I am a little uneasy reporting these errors, because I am never sure if it is an isolated incident caused by user error on my part and don't wish to pollute either the forum or git issues in case they are,
and I would not know what to report it as, is it bcc or the module that is causing the conflict?

D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:716:8: error: conflicting types for 'bbOnDebugEnterStm'
 void(* bbOnDebugEnterStm)(BBINT*);
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.h:33,
                 from D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/.bmx/blitz.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:4,
                 from D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:4,
                 from D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:1:
D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_debug.h:74:15: note: previous declaration of 'bbOnDebugEnterStm' was here
 extern void (*bbOnDebugEnterStm)( BBDebugStm *stm );
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:717:8: error: conflicting types for 'bbOnDebugEnterScope'
 void(* bbOnDebugEnterScope)(BBINT*);
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.h:33,
                 from D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/.bmx/blitz.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:4,
                 from D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:4,
                 from D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:1:
D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_debug.h:75:15: note: previous declaration of 'bbOnDebugEnterScope' was here
 extern void (*bbOnDebugEnterScope)( BBDebugScope *scope );//,void *inst );
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Build Error: failed to compile (1) D:/BlitzMaxNG/BlitzMax_win32_0.120.3.41-new/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c
Process complete

Offline Skaven

you are not alone i have the same issue
Code: [Select]
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:716:8: error: conflicting types for 'bbOnDebugEnterStm'
 void(* bbOnDebugEnterStm)(BBINT*);
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.h:33,
                 from C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/.bmx/blitz.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:4,
                 from C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:4,
                 from C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:1:
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_debug.h:74:15: note: previous declaration of 'bbOnDebugEnterStm' was here
 extern void (*bbOnDebugEnterStm)( BBDebugStm *stm );
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:717:8: error: conflicting types for 'bbOnDebugEnterScope'
 void(* bbOnDebugEnterScope)(BBINT*);
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.h:33,
                 from C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/.bmx/blitz.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:4,
                 from C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:4,
                 from C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:1:
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_debug.h:75:15: note: previous declaration of 'bbOnDebugEnterScope' was here
 extern void (*bbOnDebugEnterScope)( BBDebugScope *scope );//,void *inst );
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Build Error: failed to compile (1) C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/appstub.mod/.bmx/debugger_mt.stdio.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c
Process complete

Offline Derron

Without having checked it out yet (but I meanwhile posted the error output to the discord channel):

Did you rebuild the modules after you compiled and replaced the new bcc?

bye
Ron

Offline braxtonrivers

Hi Derron, thank you, yes this was after replacing with the new bcc, and then attempting to rebuild the modules.

Thank you Skaven for confirming that I am not alone.

Offline braxtonrivers

Thank you everyone, and a huge thank you to Brucey you are an absolute legend, these issues appear to have been resolved with the last commit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal