*IMPORTANT* We're moving servers ( complete )

Started by Qube, July 12, 2020, 00:31:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Sorry to spring this on you but we're off to another server and migration will begin as soon as I've posted this :o

Naturally a few posts may / will go missing between migration ( ones posted after I start the migration up until it's over ). Hopefully will only take a couple of hours and then I'll repoint from the old server to the new one and then change the domains DNS as to keep interruptions to a minimum.

So waffle between yourselves until I post saying it's all done ;D

Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Qube

If you're reading this then we've successfully moved to the new server and you can post again ;D

Anything weird then let me know...
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Amon

MikeHart

Good job. Still on your own hardware from home? If yes, how fast is your connection?

Qube

Quote from: MikeHart on July 12, 2020, 07:04:59
Good job. Still on your own hardware from home? If yes, how fast is your connection?
Not on my home server anymore but a hosted VPS so hopefully faster for others?

Until the next time.

iWasAdam

QuoteAnything weird then let me know...
Yeah... I've got this strange rash. It started as an itch, but now reads 'sntxmob' backwards in the mirror?
The cat keeps saying 'REDRUM", and there are these odd bike tracks in the living room....
The wierd thing is... I don't have a cat!!!

Derron

Stop drinking too much red rum... You will regain ability to spell words in the mirror and you might think twice about using your bike indoors.

Btw I received the announcement three times.... and all of them had the unsubscribe link placeholder in there.

Reason for the VPS? Power consumption? Better speed? Server felr alone and now enjoys being one of 100 others on a real machine?

Bye
Ron

Xerra

Quote from: Qube on July 12, 2020, 05:36:26
Anything weird then let me know...

Well, I gotta say that Derron guys is a bit... strange. Maybe you should look into that? :)
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Qube

Quote from: iWasAdam on July 12, 2020, 07:10:18
QuoteAnything weird then let me know...
Yeah... I've got this strange rash. It started as an itch, but now reads 'sntxmob' backwards in the mirror?
The cat keeps saying 'REDRUM", and there are these odd bike tracks in the living room....
The wierd thing is... I don't have a cat!!!
Erm, not quite sure how to fix that, tub tel em kcehc eht edoc ;D

Quote from: Xerra on July 12, 2020, 09:36:08
Well, I gotta say that Derron guys is a bit... strange. Maybe you should look into that? :)
I've looked into it but everything is written in German so I strangely don't understand :P

Quote from: Derron on July 12, 2020, 07:21:58
Reason for the VPS? Power consumption? Better speed? Server felr alone and now enjoys being one of 100 others on a real machine?
I need the Mac Mini server to host 4 Windows VM's and thus not enough memory to include the Linux VM this site runs on. So I had to quickly shift us to another location. One of 100 others?, lol, better not be for the price I'm paying :))

Until the next time.