Reports of our demise are greatly exaggerated

Started by Qube, June 05, 2020, 19:44:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

We had a power outage in Qube land thanks to something they say was caused by "wind" ::) - Apparently gale force gusts of wind can cause such things.

But power was restored, the boilers reignited and the joy joy sound of CPU fans and hard drives starting up have brought life back to us \o/
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Amanda Dearheart

Hmmm   ??  Curious.

over here where I live, we had a power outage as well,  it happened yesterday around 6:00 -- 7:00 p.m. PST in the good ol' USA.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Derron

What is a power outage?

Think the last one I _heard_ of was by my mother in law ... with a flash doing some overpower (damaging stuff) and this was 6-7 years ago ...

Ok ... so stuff happens and how to avoid it next time?

- some UPS systems
- some?
- two: one traditional fuel based and another one, muscle based - attach a bicycle and let Qube do some fitness stuff :)

Seriously: stuff happens and as long as backups are done and nothing is damaged, everything is alright.

bye
Ron

hackball

I had something similar last week. First i didn't understand why my big TV i am using as 2nd. display to my laptop was switched off without a warning and i try to get it working without success. Meanwhile youtube was still playing so i didn't even recognized that also the internet was off; yt was playing the buffered feed....finally realizing what was going on i had a merely 23% battery charge left... :o

therevills

We just had a Telsa powerwall installed so hopefully power outages are a thing of the past for us  :P