Ooops
July 09, 2020, 09:32:33 AM

Author Topic: Reports of our demise are greatly exaggerated  (Read 335 times)

Offline Qube

• Administrator
Reports of our demise are greatly exaggerated
« on: June 05, 2020, 07:44:48 PM »
We had a power outage in Qube land thanks to something they say was caused by "wind" ::) - Apparently gale force gusts of wind can cause such things.

But power was restored, the boilers reignited and the joy joy sound of CPU fans and hard drives starting up have brought life back to us \o/
Until the next time...

Offline bsisko

Re: Reports of our demise are greatly exaggerated
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 03:49:27 AM »
Hmmm   ??  Curious.

over here where I live, we had a power outage as well,  it happened yesterday around 6:00 -- 7:00 p.m. PST in the good ol' USA.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Offline Derron

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 08:14:36 AM »
What is a power outage?

Think the last one I _heard_ of was by my mother in law ... with a flash doing some overpower (damaging stuff) and this was 6-7 years ago ...

Ok ... so stuff happens and how to avoid it next time?

- some UPS systems
- some?
- two: one traditional fuel based and another one, muscle based - attach a bicycle and let Qube do some fitness stuff :)

Seriously: stuff happens and as long as backups are done and nothing is damaged, everything is alright.

bye
Ron

Offline hackball

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 03:08:43 PM »
I had something similar last week. First i didn't understand why my big TV i am using as 2nd. display to my laptop was switched off without a warning and i try to get it working without success. Meanwhile youtube was still playing so i didn't even recognized that also the internet was off; yt was playing the buffered feed....finally realizing what was going on i had a merely 23% battery charge left... :o

Offline therevills

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 03:14:22 AM »
We just had a Telsa powerwall installed so hopefully power outages are a thing of the past for us  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal