I'm new with AGK

Started by Santiago, May 12, 2020, 14:39:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Santiago

QuoteHey great progress!  I've not used the 3D side of AGK, so maybe blinkok could help?  https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,7504.0.html

I think the way to have good results is to go detail by detail, without leaving everything too half-hearted.

excellent example the game that!

QuoteAgreed, awesome progress Santiago. I've only played around a little in 3d on AGK, I'm quite pleased with the results so far. My next challenge is to load a texture in 2d, and draw, in2d, on the loaded. Jpg or. Png. That's how I'm making height maps at the mo.

I seemed to have seen something about elevation texture with a road-draw function in AGK.

If I understood, your idea is to edit streets in 2D, and that it automatically takes shape in 3d?

3DzForMe

Yeah, that's it Santiago. Using the Google api might make more sense here, but I love a challenge  ;D
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

3DzForMe

Here is todays 5Km jog  -  AGK's not too bad ;)

Santiago

ahhh :) excelent!
Why only apply displacement to road?

3DzForMe

Ah ha, there in lies the question. The area that's extrapolated in a height dimension is the lats, longs and alt that is parsed from my GPS watch.

The route as you see it is extruded by AGK from a height map I plot in Blitz3D 😁

Now, I've a routine which attempts to make a road out of the data instead of just a Ridge, but it needs more work for it to work effectively.

Kronos

In my experience AGK is bad when it comes to model loading. It won't load multi-mesh models as individual meshes unless they meet very specific criteria. All my .b3d models are useless for AGK due to this. Without being able to access child meshes, texturing is broken for these models. Also won't load vertex colours which is very annoying.

My advice would be to read up on memblocks in AGK as these are very useful for all kinds of things 2D and 3D. Initially I found them a bit scary but once I dug into it a bit they became much simpler to use. You probably will need to use memblocks if you are going to write your own loader for instance. Their documentation for memblocks is laid out really badly, check the forums for examples will give you a better understanding quicker.

Santiago

Yes, i noted the thing about loadobjects.

i very new in agk yet to fix that problem, but with the time i guest i go to make some own method.

i have 3D toos to play and find a new way to load my objects.

i thinking to make a material editor, with functions like apply material to meshes..

but, is a very strange way AGK have to loadobjects.

for the moment, i going to use simple texture to improve my skills in agk with the time.

hosch

Just started out with AGK today, thanks for sharing your progress. Looks awesome!