Reboot comp: Genus Prima

Started by iWasAdam, March 26, 2020, 08:44:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Derron

@ Xerra

I clicked on a planet - selected it. Left clicked on another planet and it sends.
But if the "another planet" was a one owned by me then it selects this planet instead.

@ Adam
I mentioned these issues before (next to others).

Still question open:
That "alright" and "activated" sounds - use they the same approach as in the dialogues? As I understand them but none of the dialogues.

PS: for final playing I will boot Windows on the Laptop or on my wifes computer (where you tested your binary for).

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

the retina macs seem to throw up all sorts of wierd things with screen sizes - you up for some tiny app testing? I can send you an app which will attempt to diagnose some of the issues?

iWasAdam

should have another release before the end of day  :-X
final version 1.02 is now released. Use this for the competition:
https://adamstrange.itch.io/genusprime-ii-droid-revolt

Derron

Something for later: The "animated green rect" is not centered on the planet (think it ignores the rotation-displacement).
(also the window title says still 1.01)

(edit: seems the outside circle of the planets - see Genus Prime planet - is offset by 1,1 pixels)

PS: Asking 3rd time: is the audio in the dialogues "to understand" or not? The command-confirmatio sound is understandable - the dialogues not.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

@Derron. mmmmmm. Are you (or have you ever been) an advanced space droid? if the answer is no, then you probably wont understand what another droid is saying...  :o

Derron

You also could just have written: "no you should not be able to understand them".

I understood your "text to speach" approach a bit differently it seems.

Instead of "typwriter effect" you could also use a "decode effect" (so some other characters are displayed first until a system decrypted the robotic language).
BTW they could also talk "one o o o o o one one one one o o o o" :D

bye
Ron

3DzForMe

Or they could be singing, in the voice of Bonnie Tyler, 'I need a zero..... I'm holding out for a zero until the end of the byte.....'. Sorry, I'll get my coat.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1