Blitz3d 1.108 installer + updates + doc paks + addon B003 + dplayx lib + dx7 lib

Started by RemiD, May 07, 2021, 22:07:33

Previous topic - Next topic

RemiD

hi ! :)

since i have re installed Blitz3d recently on another computer, here is an archive with Blitz3d 1.108 installer + all updates + all doc paks + addon B003 + dplayx lib + dx7 lib :
rd-stuff.fr/blitz3d/blitz3d-1.108-installer+addons-B003+docpaks+dplayx+dx7.7z

have fun !

Amon

3DzForMe

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Santiago

Skaven

may i ask why not use blitzmax ng and minib3d or raylib instead?
its a language still being developed and much more modern graphics api but still very optimized and runs on most machines and has small executables (if you use a framework and not import every single module)

RemiD

may i ask why not use blitzmax ng and minib3d or raylib instead?

because all the procedures / code examples that i have coded the past years are in blitzbasic (blitz3d).

because i have not encountered major bugs with Blitz3d executables, on Windows xp, vista, 7, 8, 10, (but there are a few minor bugs, solved with simple workarounds)

because i am not sure to be able to reproduce everything i want using blitzmax + openb3d. but it is on my todo list to try it.

RemiD

i have recently retested my games / apps made with blitz3d on my new laptop with Windows 11, and you have to include the directplay dll (dplayx.dll) version 5.3.2600.5512, to make a blitz3d executable work well on Windows 11. (assuming you use Blitz3d version 1.108). the more recent direcplay dll produces a crash / error message.

you also have to include the fmod.dll with the executable.

happy that blitz3d executables still work well with modern OS / computers. :)

fairgood

Quote from: RemiD on May 07, 2021, 22:07:33hi ! :)

since i have re installed Blitz3d recently on another computer, here is an archive with Blitz3d 1.108 installer + all updates + all doc paks + addon B003 + dplayx lib + dx7 lib :
rd-stuff.fr/blitz3d/blitz3d-1.108-installer+addons-B003+docpaks+dplayx+dx7.7z

have fun !
Is that archive still available ?

No problem, didn't see the text link, added http://www. and it downloaded