Blide Ide

Started by zivan, May 03, 2020, 13:10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

zivan

Hey if someone interested, have send a mail to retrieve my licence blide Ide. Manel wrote me back

We've just set all legacy lemonbytes products as freeware, feel free to download latest stable version of BLIde at https://lemonbytes.com/legacy

Best Regards,

Manel.

hackball

Thanx. Free stuff is always welcome.

markcwm

Wow! Thanks ziggy.

I only bought Blide Plus, Font Machine was always free I think.

The old Blide site is on Internet archive.

Hardcoal

i wish you could edit the blide source code.. im missing a simple go back and forth in code.. for example.
is it possible to be done with an addon?
Code

LT

This is great, but source would be greater.  I would have switched to NG years ago if direct support in Blide was available.

EDIT: Looks like BMX NG comes with it(?).  Does that mean Blide now supports it?

Derron

NG comes with MaxIDE.

bye
Ron

LT

Quote from: Derron on May 08, 2020, 13:11:47
NG comes with MaxIDE.

MaxIDE is not good enough.  Never has been.

Derron

I did not say it is better - you wrote NG is bundled with Blide ... and I wrote NG comes with MaxIDE (not Blide).

bye
Ron

Hardcoal

MAX IDE  is Basic
Code

LT

Quote from: Derron on May 08, 2020, 19:05:08
I did not say it is better - you wrote NG is bundled with Blide ... and I wrote NG comes with MaxIDE (not Blide).
I can see how you got that, but that's not what I meant.  The Blide zip file (from the OP) contains a BlitzMax folder which might be NG, but I have not examined it thoroughly.

In any case, it would be nice if Blide source was available so it could be updated to include complete NG support, if it doesn't already have it.

Skaven

i just registered to say that you can use vscode which is a fantastic ide with ng.

LT

Quote from: Skaven on May 08, 2020, 21:04:12
i just registered to say that you can use vscode which is a fantastic ide with ng.
Oh?  With complete debugging facilities?  Break points with line by line and continue?  Examine variables in progress?

If so, that would be interesting ...

EDIT: It would seem the answer is no, so I'll have to stick with Blide.  Thanks for the heads up, though.

Derron

It even has dynamic break points ... redirect further questions to Brucey who played with adding some debugger stuff to Hezkore's initial idea of a VS Code integration.

bye
Ron