Ooops
May 31, 2020, 08:26:14 PM

Author Topic: Advice about learn another lenguage to make games  (Read 249 times)

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
Advice about learn another lenguage to make games
« on: April 26, 2020, 01:11:35 AM »
Hello, I wanted to ask you what you recommend.

I only program on blitz3d, I never liked Unity.

From the blitz, blitzmax, ng range, what do you recommend?

1. Blitzmax can be used for windows, mac and linux, what could I make applications and games for phones and tablets?

Having my blitz3d base, what do you recommend to continue ?, to learn another language that works for me speaking ...

Well, and these days that I am programming a lot I drink less beer to have a more optimized brain, does it happen to you too?

2. if i want to make very heavy resourses game, for pc and mac, blitzmax is the one?.

3. and if i want to have oculus or virtual reality suport, what lenguage is recomended?.

if the lenguage is similar to blitz3d basec, better... im really slow learning guy.

Offline GaborD

Re: Advice about learn another lenguage to make games
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 01:29:16 AM »
I really liked Blitzmax + OpenB3D when I tried it. Quite flexible.

If you want to stick with a B3D style code based dev approach, you could also try AGK.
It's way more powerful under the hood than it first seems, you can push it to really high quality with some effort. My engine of choice currently.

Offline therevills

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 01:38:11 AM »
RayLib C library looks pretty nice and simple if you are okay with C and OpenGL only, check out Pakz's example code:

https://github.com/Pakz001/Raylib-Examples/blob/master/games/bubblebobble.c

Offline Pfaber11

• Bonjour
    • FABERSGAMES
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 01:16:01 PM »
 I would recommend AGK as I migrated from blitz3d to AGK and it was pretty painless . From AGK I then went over to PureBasic  for the speed which is comparable to C++ . If you want multi platform as in Phones like android and ios  then I would go for AGK classic or studio. PureBasic only supports windows mac and Linux and no phone support but is very good at what it does .
Celeron N3060 1.6 ghz duel core  4 Gb ram 32 gig storage  HD400 Graphics 160 gig external hard drive....

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 02:43:32 PM »
Thanks!,
indeed, following the advice a few days ago I am with AGK and very happy.

I managed to reproduce some of the blitz3d functions in AGK, which helped me speed up the adaptation process.

Although I'm still struggling with AGK and the loadmesh issue on how it loads the mesh, its textures, and doing something that is more practical and effective.

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 02:50:43 PM »
Another vote for AGK here, syntax is very accommodating, I don't have too much time to code these days (and have coded in C..... and stuff over the decades).

AGK is similar in nature to BLitz3D, which I'm an old advocate off.

With AGk, there is also some fantastic sprite manipulation functions involving physics, collision detection... I could go on.

AGK is ace. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal