January 21, 2021, 01:38:00 AM

Author Topic: Ancient Enemy (my 12th Blitz game) released on Steam today!  (Read 1221 times)

Offline GreyAlien

Re: Ancient Enemy (my 12th Blitz game) released on Steam today!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 05:14:27 PM »
Thanks all. Check out the trailer on Steam if you want to see it in action. It's got some pretty cool effects. All done in my framework in BlitzMax vanilla! (last official release)

Offline Derron

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 06:35:20 PM »
If you find the time (or already wrote it for somewhere else) feel free to post a "post mortem" on the game. Especially technical stuff and organization of such projects is interesting for me (and hopefully/maybe others too?).

I assume a lot of stuff (and "decisions") can be reused from older projects. But I am also interested in stuff like "custom tools" you developed for yourself to ease you creating effects etc.
My Dig-Framework does not have decent particle functionality - will have to do it once so learning from others without making it overly complex is something I would enjoy.

bye
Ron

Offline GreyAlien

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 07:59:51 PM »
The game has a build in level editor with tons of features. Also I have two built-in tools that test 100s of algorithmic playthroughs of both puzzle and duel levels in seconds. That was very useful for balancing.

Offline GreyAlien

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2020, 08:00:21 PM »
Northern Lion played it if you are interested in seeing the gameplay:

Also there's a gameplay video on Steam itself of me playing it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal