Tim Fisher (Indiepath) has passed away

Started by GreyAlien, April 05, 2020, 12:05:08

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyAlien

I heard some sad news that Tim passed away earlier this week. I don't know the details. He published my first two games made in Blitz (Xmas Bonus and Easter Bonus) back in 2005 and helped out lots of people on the Blitz Forums with code etc. My bitmap font drawing code is based on his implementation for example. Some of you may remember him.

Anyway RIP Tim!

Derron

I only remember his name from the blitzmax.com era - and that he made some module I were not using as they there too advanced for me that time.

Nonetheless it is always a sad moment when people report about deaths of others they knew - and more sad if you "in some way" knew the person too. A missed chance to have one known better.

May he enjoy where he is now.

bye
Ron

markcwm

Sad news, yes he was a great member of the Blitz community. Here is some of his work, I know he made more than one game but I could only find Geom.

GEOM - Facelift

Indiepath Modules for all and free
r2t - Sourcecode
New function: Single Surface Drawing

Archives
Shadow Mapper - Ultra Fast shadow mapper for blitz terrains
New Terrain LightMapper - Very fast Terrain Light/Shadow mapping application. Uses Heightmaps only.
3D Line Lib - Draw lines using 3D acceleration
Weld Mesh - Weld mesh and keep vertex info
Sound Engine - Stop Sounds overlapping, chain sound events.
Multisided geometric shapes - Draw a geometric shape of nSides

Steve Elliott

I remember Indiepath and his GEOM game, I seem to remember him producing a really good Asteroids game too with glowing vector graphics and authentic looking arcade machine screen effects (curved screen, light reflection and noise).

RIP Tim.   :(
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Santiago

markcwm

I found the old Indiepath news posts from Blitzbasic and reposted them here.
Indiepath.Asteroids
Geom
Caboodle

I also found the files Tim shared here Indiepath Modules for all and free and mirrored them.
Indiepath.mod.zip
Dirty_Rects.zip

You can still download GEOM from Softonic but only a 60 minute trial, I couldn't find Caboodle.

GreyAlien

Thanks Mark! Ah Caboodle. I was trying to remember its name as I tested it back in the day.

braxtonrivers

Rest in peace fellow coder

I will always remember those glowing lines and poly's that you kindly shared with the community in awe, those textured lines and poly's were, and still are a thing of beauty.