Ooops
August 15, 2020, 03:57:34 PM

Author Topic: TORA TORA! - An airplanes game with a new name :) - DEMO  (Read 6123 times)

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
Re: TORA TORA! - An airplanes game with a new name :) - DEMO
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2020, 03:34:57 PM »
Wowww, the dream of my life!, give me one of that sims, and i never out again :)

Offline Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2020, 10:10:59 PM »
lol yes, I did buy a lotto ticket so maybe I'll make a purchase...Or save my money for something else...Flying a real plane was an incredible experience though.  I do miss it.
Windows 10, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
MacOS Catalina, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
Linux Mint 19.3, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
Raspberry Pi Zero
ZX Spectrum Next

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2020, 10:51:37 PM »
Flying a real plane was an incredible experience though

Don't worry! You will soon be able to fly a fast Japanese fighter over the Pacific!

i start with a list of good thing to do in tora.

open/close canoppy, done!! 2 hours of work :)
Eject pilot, and parachute, all in first person view.
land on water simulation, pilot must escape from cockpit in first person, and plane go underwater fast.
so if your pilot is on the water, you teorical survive and rescue

with this 3 new thing, i trying to give sence of the flying over ocean.
if you don't find your carrier, or if you aircraft can't fly anymore, you go to water or jump.

like when in "Red Baron", when you crash, show a picture of a hospital with the pilot in the bed.

cockpit view, fist test with glass opaque texture.

parachute ready

pilot on water, first person view
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/699668417766228040/727610347720146994/unknown.png?width=914&height=514

is nice to see the ships, the gun fire and airplanes from the water, and you can't do nothing

now with [T] Key auto select target, and the camera point to target, ideal for dogfights
show a target icon sprite over the target you selected

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2020, 11:11:33 PM »
Wow, pilot ejections, now That is attention to detail!

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2020, 09:38:06 PM »
Hi, how are you? Today I am trying to get my energies back on track.

and focus on how important it would be to have a defined main menu.

As I can not decide, choose again to return to as simple as possible, a menu of basic 2D options

and that the background, is the 3D of the game that gently moves the camera, which in the future allows me to put planes, birds, ships, or whatever occurs.

I have the neuron of menus totally ruined. so I will force this process to pass it and not have to deal with it anymore :)

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2020, 06:01:53 AM »
I like the ocean background and foreground 2d overlay :)

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2020, 04:07:47 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1360220/Tora_Tora/

Today is the first day :)!!!!

very happy, my first game in STEAM :)
i need to learn more about steam, and improve the data :), i put wrong data, 2021 :p, and my idea is put dec, 2020.
but, i can edit the page when work in Tora.

im very very happy with this new step.

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2020, 11:19:51 PM »
Congratulations, a big step! 😁👍

Offline Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2020, 11:23:59 PM »
Great stuff, good luck.   :D
Windows 10, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
MacOS Catalina, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
Linux Mint 19.3, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
Raspberry Pi Zero
ZX Spectrum Next

Offline GaborD

« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2020, 11:46:55 PM »
Grats!
Hope it does very well on Steam.

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2020, 08:38:08 PM »
hello !, how are you so long! :)

These days I'm working a little more inspired with Tora Tora !, I was a bit traumatized by the fact that I couldn't even use AGK's Getparent (), among other things that made me a little crazy. but it is already a solved issue.

Among the most outstanding novelties, is that Adam has joined to help me with the project, and being part of it, his creative contribution and his way of seeing things will undoubtedly make Tora Tora a better game.

Some of the things I was able to do was add Bombs and Torpedoes and make them work ....

Planes can now land and take off, and taxi on deck, although some details need improvement.

Menus can now be used with the keys in addition to the mouse

The menu design was proposed by Adam, so I am super happy with how it looks, although I still have to work much more to achieve everything proposed.

flight physics improve it, but I'm still not 100% satisfied

In itself, there have been many advances, but there are a thousand important things still to be done.

Today, watching videos of planes firing at ships in WW2, I did a very similar effect to what I saw in the videos about the hit of the shells on the ships, and the explorations that are generated.

I still have to improve them, and add pieces that fly off leaving a trail of smoke, that will be nice.

I am very satisfied with the effect of the projectiles, I still have to improve the SPLASH on the water ...

When all the basics are done, I start with the AI ​​pilots, squad formation and mission development, I hope that is next week.

I did a small private test to compile the game in AGK, it worked for everyone, although there are some technical details that came up that are not serious, of course there were many details about things to fix about the game.

I also tested the game on a computer with few resources and it worked quite well, so the AGK would be working pretty well compiled.

I am using the Zero to do the tests, although that plane never had bombs on the wings and less than less, torpedoes, but it is used for the tests ...

On Steam, I had some comments and other criticisms, but all very positive, little by little I am getting to know steam and feeling more comfortable with how it works.

I set the date for December 20 for the first version .....

well friends, I send you my regards!
and surely now I will start to be more active around here ...

In this video show the guns, splash, bombs and torpedo..

Offline Kris

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2020, 07:21:58 PM »
Awesome! Really great to see your progress!

Offline Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2020, 07:26:24 PM »
Loving the atmosphere as always, keep going dude!
Raspberry Pi Zero
ZX Spectrum Next

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2020, 11:36:20 PM »
Gobsmackingly impressive stuff!

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2020, 03:55:28 AM »
hola amigos!!!

tonight, watching midway documentary videos, a video that streamed yesterday appeared on youtube and was uploaded just today.

listening to very good music, and watching this video on my TV, having a few beers and satisfied with the day I had, I sat down and enjoyed watching my video .... to see what feelings it transmitted to me.

notebook in hand, and let's see it ... it lasts 25 minutes ...

I admit that I really enjoyed watching the video.
When I did, I wanted to transmit the peace of flying, the adrenaline of a fight, the possibility of death, of failing in the attack or of having a successful attack.

but everything is based on the plane, right?

no!!!!!

everything is based on your aircraft carrier ....

Your aircraft carrier, the AKAGI, flagship of the Japanese fleet, is Japan, like the emperor, it is sacred! And you are a pilot of a plane that takes off from that ship, so that ship is everything for you.

According to the Japanese culture in the 40's, the emperor, divine being, and you a simple human pilot, I suppose it was not easy to balance things, even so, you were a human, but your aircraft carrier was still sacred. .. you had to land in it, nothing more sacred than that for us.

A big mistake I made is that my Japanese plane, during the video, shoots the Akagi, which I noticed, that for the symbolism of this whole, it is a very serious mistake, and I asked myself, if I am not taking all very serious ?. and I think that my fascination for this whole thing makes me feel good, it awakens something in me, and I think that is the precious grace of videogames ... well. that something inside us awakens.

I share this long streaming, see it with some background music that you like ...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal