CoronaVirus

Started by Amanda Dearheart, March 24, 2020, 00:44:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

And interestingly...someone bought up all the internet advertising in Germany on a single day in April...see attached....and the Asian countries advertising all fell to zero.

Matty

Actually - every single country on this chart has its advertising cost go haywire after the first of April.

Something not quite right about this company's data source.

Derron

That advertising in Germany ... I oddly had a google advertisment coming through that day - other ads are normally blocked on the google hit pages. The ad appeared on all hits I had the day (and maybe even later?). First I thought it is some malware thing.
The ad was about animal shelters and covid 19.

Had to add a manual filter to get rid of it.

bye
Ron

Henri

When in doubt, ask Trevor :-)

-Henri
- Got 01100011 problems, but the bit ain't 00000001

Matty

Here is a page from a joke book I bought in March 2017. Attached.

Matty

https://youtu.be/OJ9f378T49E

A 1980s coronavirus equivalent scare campaign. ..more deaths than ww2 eh?

Matty

We have stage 4 restrictions.

There is one group who can ignore travel and distancing restrictions:Intimate partners.

Solution:declare yourself bisexual and polyamorous and you can visit anyone, anywhere in any size group.

3DzForMe

In the U of K, gets on my nerves (albeit slightly) Bo Jo, for the sake of frickkin poly ticks, doesn't folly niccky sturgeon excellent lead on face masks.... And eludes to the fact England.... May follow suit. Ffs.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Qube

I think they will do a u-turn on face masks once the data is clear they make catching Covid-19 an even higher risk. Reason being that most are wearing "face coverings" that are not graded to stop the breathing in of the virus and instead when you are out and about & come into contact with it, it builds up and passes through the face covering so you end up continually breathing it in. Same for those infected, it builds up in their face covering and they become a walking super spreader.

Wait for the big spike coming soon to a town near you and a speedy reverse on face coverings that are not graded to stop the virus passing through :o :o :o
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

You should wear masks with sufficient layers.  If they're the disposable kind wear them once then throw them away; if they're re-usable wear them then wash them before re-use.  Do not put your mask under your nose or chin or generally play with it.  Use hand gel before and after entering shops and wash your hands when you return home. 
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

GrindalfGames

I work in a coffee shop and I wear my face mask for up to 9 hours at a time(not including my 20 minute break) they are not hard to wear, they do not make it hard to breath, but every single person that walks through the door has to pull their face mask down and try to lean around my plastic shields to tell me what they want.
I swear the stupidity of these people is going to get me sick

3DzForMe

@grindalf, don't let it get to you, try and accept people are dicks. My daughter worked in a very busy small cafe prior to lock down, I empathise.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Xerra

I've been away in both Norwich and Devon this last week and been coincidentally in two of the lowest areas in the country with the infection rate. Two people I know that work in admin at the main hospital in Norwich told me that there are no cases on the covid ward at all, to their knowledge.

In the South-West (Devon) area people are happily going about their business visiting cafe's and pubs mostly responsibly, and also wearing masks when going into shops - mainly because they have been told they have to. The pubs have bacterial gel in the entrances and you can sign in your details (if you want to - nobody is forcing it) but the only real noticeable difference from normal operation is that there's a couple of tables closed off (probably just for show) and you are mostly ordering food/drink on your phone. And that's not even new it seems - it just wasn't the usual way until recently. Nothing to stop you going to the bar to actually order but there were lots of signs saying that you should avoid that where possible.

Probably they're just lucky that there's been no real issues in these places but I can see why people are struggling to believe all the TV news when they've had virtually no exposure. Not to mention an inept government that keeps changing its mind on what it should be doing depending on whatever keeps the bigger groups happy. They close off anyone from viewing sport events that were meant to be trialling a staged return, such as the World snooker championship, because it's ... Too Risky! Yet they have kept pubs and restaurants open, where it's not possible to wear a mask practically, and people are all rammed together anyway, because they need to get business back up and running. You can even get 50% discount on your food for Mon,Tues and Wednesday to encourage you to do it.

I was in a beer garden in a pub in Norwich last Saturday with multiple friends as well as a lot of other people due to the FA Cup being on the box. People were as respectful of your space as was practical but there's no way the 1Meter rule could be enforced in this situation without pissing off a load of people who just wanted a drink and a chat with their mates.

Personally I think they're putting too much emphasis on trying to lockdown areas where the virus is spreading wildly and not looking enough at nailing on the head the reason why it's spiking in that particular spot.
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

RemiD

not sure if you have followed the controversy which happened in France but this demonstrated the difference between verifiable observable facts and (fake) "scientific" propaganda.
dr didier raoult vs lancet "scientists" report (lol)

seeing the not so high number of deaths (of people who would have died of something else anyway) this "pandemic" is clearly to push something else, maybe more fear and distanciation and paranoia between people ? (oups already like that), less riots ? (oups already forbidden), more surveillance ? (5G and sensors / cameras are put in place in cities), vaccine to track people ? (not sure about this one, but there are some clues here and there...)

all of this for your health and well being of course, so don't worry ;)

MrmediamanX

At least I have a use for all my holy socks, just make face masks out of them. 8)
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..