CoronaVirus

Started by Amanda Dearheart, March 24, 2020, 00:44:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaron

Don't underestimate that virus. My wife works in intensive care in our local hospital (Germany) and they had already some young cases too. Youngest was a 5 months old baby which needed ventilation. The old people usually die within 1-2 days on a sepsis and resulting multi organ failure. In the first days (beginning last weeks) they had 8 new cases where 4 of them died (one was 52, the other beyond 70). Official numbers for our region are still at ZERO deaths.

And yes Mike is right. Those areas are separated.

Naughty Alien

QuoteI wish you would empty your brain garbarge infront of family members which passed from this shitty virus. They definitely would tell you something.

....im very sure that asking questions and doubting things may lead astray, and thats a fact..however that is, and should never been a reason to stop questioning things, long as you seek honest truth..but how would you  know that, archgeige..

Qube

Quote from: Naughty Alien on March 30, 2020, 08:09:16
...here is famous virus patented by USA   https://patents.google.com/patent/US10130701B2/en  , and Bill Gates Foundation owns it...how is china guilty of all this, is beyond me..
This is the sort of stuff that conspiracy theorist dive on and shovel out the door along with what COVID-19 stands for ( The 19th Chinese-Originated Viral Infectious Disease ).

I suggest you READ THIS which will enlighten you to the actual real facts regarding the patent. But then again it could be another conspiracy which leads to a never ending rabbit hole.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

lettersquash

I understand how people start looking for alternative explanations, but these have a very tiny chance of being the truth. We live in a mostly free world, and the scientific community is extremely free of coercion. Even if it isn't EVERYWHERE, it only takes some significant proportion of experts to spot a conspiracy, and there are thousands of immunologists and virologists studying all these things, with nobody breathing down their necks or telling them what they can publish. This has been the way all through the history of science, and is even more true in the digital age.

When we're frightened, we have a natural tendency to mistrust the information and the messenger. Subconsciously, if we can find a flaw in the news, it might just all go away. It's a hard thing to do to accept the things we're being told, but it really is not because they're not reasonable explanations.

One thing I've sometimes asked conspiracy theorists is to consider whether they think events ever happen by accident, as they're reported. If the official line is so unbelievable, ask yourself EXACTLY why that is. Would you accept the official line on how the Spanish Flu originated, or HIV, or the Black Death that wiped out a third of the population? It doesn't matter that they didn't have the technology to do it back then - it happened without technology, therefore it can happen without technology now.

What about the cold virus - as the last useful link says, itself a type of coronavirus - was that an evil plot? It kills people. What about all the various types of pox that swept through the population all through human history? Viruses are natural, evolving bits of genetic code. They're part of the hostile environment that is biology. They jump species. They reproduce by the methods they've evolved, and exist because they can exist.

Certainly, there is some possibility that a biological viral weapon could be developed, but with all that prior history of them being here anyway, you better do some proper research if you're going to put a case together for the latter explanation.

Finally, I kind of wonder what kind of moronic uber-rich elite decides it'll be good for its further wealth, health and happiness by unleashing a deadly virus. They depend on the economy functioning because they're creaming the freaking top off massively! Banks, big business and governments are deeply co-dependent, and they want everything to keep going on nice and steady - more is better, but don't push it too far, like 2008. You don't try to rock the boat when you're the captain.

And a smaller, poorer group? Well, they'd stick to guns and bombs, things they can control: they don't unleash a deadly virus, because it's likely to kill them, isn't it? Actually, NOBODY unleashes a deadly virus unless everyone they care about has some kind of immunity. So if you want to find that evidence, you've got your work cut out.
I'll have you know, I'm coding all the right commands, just not necessarily in the right order.

Steve Elliott

People can theorize all they want, but when people near you die, I think some should keep their opinions to themselves.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Madjack

3DzForMe

Innovative use of medically approved 3d printed ventilators..... Good news 😉
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

dawlane

I do hope that there will be a full public inquiry into all this, starting with all government departments involved and advisers, to opposition political parties trying to use a crisis to further their own agendas, right down to the media and their actions.

Quote from: 3DzForMe on April 02, 2020, 06:49:56
Innovative use of medically approved 3d printed ventilators..... Good news 😉
Hope that everyone has 3D printers that are good enough and fast enough to produce the quantities needed.

ngr777

To: 3DzForMe

Excuse me, can you tell the source of that news? In Spain we see signs of delay in speeding up the certification of these respirators with purely bureaucratic arguments, without taking into account the situation of extreme life catastrophe that we suffer.

3DzForMe

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

degac

QuoteCOVID-19 stands for ( The 19th Chinese-Originated Viral Infectious Disease )

I missed this one!

Before someone starts thinking

COVID-19 = COronaVIrus Disease-2019

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Severe_acute_respiratory_syndrome_coronavirus_2
If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

RemiD

ok, so now it is bad to be a skeptic and ask questions and search to try to understand precisely what is going on ?
and it is better to repeat and follow what the medias / governements / "experts" say ?  ::)

what if i tell you that i already know 2 potential treatments (for this virus or others microbes in the plasma) without harmful side effects, one is rather high tech, was used in some hospitals at a time, but then was mysteriously forgotten... the other is low tech, is "open source", and is surpisingly not well known... i personally use it from time to time (electro therapy)...

but no, there is only one way : a med with a weird name distributed by pharmacies...

one thing is sure, i will be the last one standing hihi  8)

degac

Quotewhat if i tell you that i already know 2 potential treatments (for this virus or others microbes in the plasma) without harmful side effects, one is rather high tech, was used in some hospitals at a time, but then was mysteriously forgotten... the other is low tech, is "open source", and is surpisingly not well known... i personally use it from time to time (electro therapy)...

Well, I tell you that you/other should prove these 2 'potential' treatments, it's the scientific approach.
When in Italy someone told there were some farms that could be useful on Covid19, they started immediately 'fast-test' (skipping the normal approach): so there's always an 'open mind' approach in critical situation.
But for example the Japanese medicine was a fault: it doesnt' even exist on the market, the side effects were so high that the company retired it from the market.
But even this way was explored.

You still can believe in anything or be skeptic, like me on your approach.
I'm not a medic or scientist so I can't give solutions.

Moreover, treatments on the effects of Covid-19 and treatments on the Covid-19 are two different things.

There's - literally - an entire world searching for a vaccine, none of the scientists that have some systems already working in lab want to start immediate application on humans, they need to test it for months.

there's plenty of theories and fake news around, false hopes and easy business.

I know only one thing: after more than 3 weeks - finally - the number of 'free' place in Intensive Care Unit is increased. This means that the 'lock down' (be at home, spatial distant and so on) solution is the only one working at the moment.
This get time to search a vaccine solution for everyone.

If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

RemiD

I tell you that you/other should prove these 2 'potential' treatments, it's the scientific approach
i understand the necessity and usefulness of the scientific method, however nowadays others requirements / constraints have been added to consider an experiment and its results valid or not, and it does not follow anymore the good sense and aim of the scientific method, imo.

You still can believe in anything or be skeptic, like me on your approach.
i consider myself skeptic but open minded and curious, the best attitude in the world :P

I'm not a medic or scientist so I can't give solutions.
then you don't understand the scientifc method... degrees and titles are irrevelant to determine what is most likely true or false, efficient or inefficient...

there's plenty of theories and fake news around, false hopes and easy business.
and of course only one solution is true and efficient : a medicine or a vaccine made (sold) by the pharmaceutical industry.
you must feel scared and disempowered if you believe that...
(but i agree that there are many scammers who will take advantage of such crisis)

a vaccine solution for everyone
no thanks

Matty

Semi Related news - from an email I sent to some friends and family....

Good Afternoon folks,

I attached a graph below and did some research after viewing it.

On one of my game portals they show per country, over time, the dollar value associated with advertising on a 'cost per thousand views' basis (CPM).

I wouldn't have normally seen these figures had I not been putting my game online on an ad sponsored model.

But there is something you can see quite clearly - and the media reports it too.

The cost per thousand views has dropped - you can see the ponit of inflection on the curve - at the 15th of March 2020.

It basically linearly decreases from the 15th of March until the 1st of April and then remains flat.

What does this mean?

It means that the companies would normally spend on advertising are doing less of it.  With less advertising being thrown about, the amount of money being thrown at internet advertising has dropped.

Therefore it is cheaper to advertise at the moment.

But in another sense - these businesses have stopped advertising because a) there are less businesses in good health and b) they do not have the money to spend on advertising.

So...this is a key point that shows pretty much exactly where and when the economy changed.

You can see right on about the 15th of March - the worldwide advertising budgets were slashed and continued to drop. Until they've plateaued from April 1st onwards.

They have not risen yet.

In one sense it means the economies of the world are suffering.

In another - it is a perfect time for some with money to take advantage of the cheaper advertising costs.