Ooops
September 25, 2020, 12:42:08 AM

Author Topic: CoronaVirus  (Read 4240 times)

Offline GfK

Re: CoronaVirus
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 02:31:17 PM »
Today I took the car into the garage to be fixed - was booked in over a week ago.

While I waited I walked two and a half miles to a shop and back, to get some milk and some bread.  I'm calling that a "trip to the shop for essentials".  There's no rule about going in a car.  I went over fields and saw only one other person the entire way.

We then walked the dog "for exercise", about another two miles across fields.  We saw nobody.

Luckily we live at the arse-end of nowhere, so this is all fairly normal.

Now back in the office, "working from home", like I've done since 2007.

Nicola Sturgeon's just been on the telly, screaming "if this feels normal, you're not abiding by the rules".  Well it feels PERFECTLY normal, ya flat-faced twat.  For me, "normal" has NEVER been hanging about in crowds, social gatherings, shopping for fun etc.  I like to keep the hell away from people.  This is EXACTLY my "normal".  In fact it's like Christmas.

Sure, bit hard to get toilet paper, but if you can't get food either you'll shit less anyway.  So meh.
Intel I9-9900K 3.6-5.0GHz | GeForce RTX2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.
MSI Apache Pro | I7-7700HQ | GeForce GTX1060 3GB | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.

Offline Derron

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 07:31:32 PM »
With couples spending this much time together at home, with not much to do, a comedienne in my country postulated that there's going to be a "corona baby-boom", an entire generation born from quarantined couples.

Someone told me divorce offices wer filled in China. People can annoy each other if "forced" to stay together 24/7 - plus additional stress.

Also not everybody is willed to get pregnant in economically "uncertain" times.

bye
Ron

Offline Kryzon

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 01:54:16 PM »
@Gfk :D

@Derron I heard that too. When the couples don't spend that much time together because of work schedules etc., when they're actually forced to do that, they notice how much their spouses have changed, or the love is gone or something like that. A bit sad tbh

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »
I went out this morning and saw this...  :o

I fell over and can't get up either!

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 03:30:38 PM »

Perfect in this Corona-Virus time....

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 10:52:04 PM »
This is already me and the missus 2 days into working from home :-)

Offline Qube

• Administrator
  • I mostly code at night... Mostly.
    • SyntaxBomb - Indie Coders
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 12:52:23 AM »
The misses has a hairdressers appointment in a couple of weeks. Not sure if it’ll happen but if needed I’ve sorted this out :

Mac mini ( 2018 / 2020 ), 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, 1TB NVMe, eGPU Radeon Pro 580 8 GB, LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B 27 Inch
Commodore VIC-20, 1.1Mhz MOS 6502 CPU, 5KB RAM, VIC ( 6560 ) GPU

Until the next time...

Offline Madjack

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 01:36:29 AM »
New Zealand here.

We've just gone into a month (at least) of lock-down.
I work from home anyway and lead a fairly hermetic life, so not a huge change for me.
But it's weird to see no traffic on the road and even though I don't work offsite, there's a definite feeling like everyday now is a Sunday.

Hopefully we've gone into lock-down before community spread of the virus got going and so we're 'ahead of the curve'.

Strange days.

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 02:29:24 AM »
@Xerra,  ;D

Also working from home here in England s East Midlands. There's normally numerous vapour trails from airliners transiting be the north south corridor to cross the atlantic., There was zero vapour trails on a clear blue sky. Police have been dispersing people from our local park.

Got the old Amiga in from the cold:

Offline TomToad

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 08:06:50 AM »
Came across this.  Math behind "The Curve".
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

Offline dawlane

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 08:51:00 AM »
Well been hoping to get the man cave decorated, so I can at least get the living room back. But alas, I've haven't enough paint to finish the walls after I'd painted the living room. The only person that can get me more of the paint I've been using, is supplied from my niece's decorator boyfriend. But at the moment he cannot get any with all this chaos.

So I've spent the time baking stuff that I cannot get from the supermarkets, with me having to keep to a strict gluten free diet. I begrudge having to pay £4 for a steak pie that I can eat in one bite that has less meat in it than a chicken McNugget. Only problem is now, is that it's getting hard to obtain gluten free ingredients. This is thanks to panic buyers stripping the gluten free shelves because there is bugger all on the regular shelves. I hope they soon find out that it's not as healthy as these A-list celebrities make it out to be, when they have put on two stones in weight, or find out that cardboard tastes better. I would love to be the fly on the wall when they try to make bread with gluten free flour and the dough is no better than wall paper paste. :))

Though today I may give the baking a bit of a rest and do some tinkering with coding, that's if I can focus on anything today.

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 03:04:11 PM »
@Xerra,  ;D
Got the old Amiga in from the cold:

The A1200 <3 - I will always have a soft spot for that Amiga. The day I got one after using an A500 for so long was a revelation. Vic 20, C64 and the A1200. Wish I was a kid again and these machines were still in favour.

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 12:45:56 AM »
..it may sounds weird, but i loved that 'plasticy'. 'electronic' smell those machines have had.. ;D

Offline Santiago

• Blitz3d
    • Indiesoft
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »
Hello, I hope everyone is well.

here in Argentina also quarantined.

Personally, it does not bother me to be at home, since I work from my living room, I take the time to program projects as a hobby, and keep my mind busy, either programming or playing a video game.

I get bored of eating, of the routine, I have beers in the afternoon and evening, and I usually stay up until dawn, usually programming in blitz.

I am positive, I hope that all this terrible situation opens the eyes to everyone.

I really hope you are well. my greetings!!!
Santiago

Offline Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 07:14:44 PM »
I have beers in the afternoon and evening, and I usually stay up until dawn, usually programming in blitz.

Some people have predicted a baby boom, but also couples spending 24/7 together maybe a high divorce rate.   ;)

But also the time to possibly create some amazing coding during lockdown.
Windows 10, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
MacOS Catalina, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
Linux Mint 19.3, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
Raspberry Pi Zero and pi 4

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal