December 02, 2020, 12:38:52 PM

Author Topic: CoronaVirus  (Read 6750 times)

Offline Madjack

Re: CoronaVirus
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2020, 01:52:02 AM »
why is it necessary to save every too sick too old people this year ?

So brave of you to boldly offer other people's lives as a sacrifice. So inspiring.  ::)

Offline RemiD

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2020, 09:42:24 PM »
almost the end of the year and nothing dramatic hapened (significant in number of deaths and profiles of deads, compared to previous years)... ::)

but our freedoms have greatly decreased... :-X
DualCore AMD E-450, 1646 MHz - 6 Go DDR3 1333 SDRAM - AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics (384 Mo) - Windows 7 Home Premium - DirectX 11.0

Offline grindalf

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2020, 10:17:55 PM »
almost the end of the year and nothing dramatic hapened (significant in number of deaths and profiles of deads, compared to previous years)... ::)

but our freedoms have greatly decreased... :-X

Maybe the amount of deaths not being significantly bigger is because of the restrictions to our freedoms. Imagine the death toll if idiots had been allowed to roam freely and infect everybody around them

Online Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2020, 10:27:12 PM »
why is it necessary to save every too sick too old people this year ?

So brave of you to boldly offer other people's lives as a sacrifice. So inspiring.  ::)

Wow, what a prick!  I agree with Jack.
Windows 10 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
MacOS Big Sur 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, Intel i5 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
Raspberry Pi 400, Pi4, C64, ZX Spectrum Next.

Online GfK

« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2020, 12:13:34 PM »
Another arsehole added to the ever growing ignore list.  ::)
Intel I9-9900K 3.6-5.0GHz | GeForce RTX2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.
MSI Apache Pro | I7-7700HQ | GeForce GTX1060 3GB | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.

Online Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2020, 12:31:29 PM »
Good idea, added to my ignore list too.
MacOS Big Sur 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, Intel i5 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)

Offline RemiD

« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2020, 12:49:30 PM »
i state facts and i get emotional reactions, very original... ::)
DualCore AMD E-450, 1646 MHz - 6 Go DDR3 1333 SDRAM - AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics (384 Mo) - Windows 7 Home Premium - DirectX 11.0

Online Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2020, 05:09:42 AM »
Next time there's a lockdown, or if you are in one, the authorities should provide required training material to those about to enter such as:

Link:

http://m.nautil.us/issue/32/space/how-to-survive-solitary-confinement

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2020, 08:18:31 AM »
Its been a shitter of a year for many!

I think we can safely say if 2020 hasn't affected you, then really, saying "It'll be fine" is easy... In April, I lost an uncle who I moved in with when I was divorced from the ex, on Easter Sunday of all days, he's was up and down for a while, had COPD and it got exponentially worse from just before Christmas to March (Which was when he was put in a home), sometimes I was in A&E twice a week as it came to the point he was having progressive fits, he wouldn't go in a home, span loads of yarns, but finally, the social services took that decision away from him... And as such, everyone got the blame, saying we wanted him out the way... Which was hard because I tried so hard to keep the grumpty bugger at home. Then the first lockdown came, and like I said, he passed away on Easter Sunday, on his own in there, which again, the family were gutted because we never really got to say goodbye.

I worked lockdown, all the way though, in the Nissan plant, and, it was a nightmare, when they shut the plant down, things started cooling, things started to relax, like seals on pipework and stuff, and from, say a week all the way back through when they were bringing people back from furlough, I never stopped, and we still had all the normal servicing to do on the fire systems in there as well. The place was completely dead, at anyone time, there was only 9 of us in the whole plant... It was like I Am Legend in there, worse then being quarantined if you ask me... I could go all through my weekly shifts and literally see noone!

One of the guards, an Iragi fella, lovely bloke, Jarrah, his wife had Covid, ended up in hospital, bad as well, he had to stay off for a week self-isolating, but came back because he couldnt go and see her, she was touch and go at one point, he even got a phone call to say be prepared, he was a mess. They quite literally had to slit her throat to get a tube in to hook her up to a ventilator, really nasty, thankfully she pulled around... But walking into the North gate security hut one day and he was crying... You just dont know what to say! Really hit home how shit it is.

And there's more... During lock down, our team was split into 2 in case one half caught it and needed to self isolate, another would take over as cover, so, we were told our shift pattern would be 3 on, 4 off, 4 on, 3 off [days], rinse repeat till lockdown was pretty much over... Very nice you'd think, getting them extra days, but like I said, I'd walk in on a morning and literally not stop till the moment I left. Now, pre-lockdown, we were given a long weekend, as we mostly work weekend (My normal days off are mon/tues), so, once a month we'd have a sat/sun/mon off, with the monday being a days holiday (extra on the 25 or whatever it is you get statuary), so, lockdown was finished, everything was back to "normal", so I wanted my long weekend off in September, just to have a bit of a drink, see people, let my hair down a little... So I asked the gaffer if there was any big jobs on on any of the weekends so I could have my long weekend, work around it... And he turned around and said the long weekends had been knocked on the head... I was like "Eh?", and the reason... Apparently, we never accrued enough days over lockdown to warrant them... I was speechless, for one, it was a bloody awful time, and two... It was news to me, never been consulted (As its in my contract) and it was a kick in the balls because lockdown... Was shit, so that was a great thank you right there... I had to walk out of the office, 9/10 I would of kicked off, probably got sacked, but I kept my cool... But it was that moment really where I decided that I need weekends off, I'm just festering away, and needed to do something about it... I dont need actually!

So, I finish Nissan on the 20 December, I've had enough, weekends I need, there's little political things going on with the team as well, and, I've had enough of that bollocks too, I'm heading back to the sites in the new year... Self employed, I've worked out I only need to work 3 days a week if I want, I'll have stuff covered (Yep, by my surprise, my uncle left me the house so no mortgage or rent), it's been a pig of a year, so like I said in the shout box, I'll be flipping 2020 the finger, going to bed, no attempt to see the new year in, wake up and start all over again in 2021... See how it goes... Will probably be shite again... But I'll try! :D
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Offline Madjack

« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2020, 10:57:18 AM »
Best of luck to you Dabz. That thing where management pulled your long weekend after you showed massive flexibility over lockdown was BS.

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2020, 11:59:45 AM »
It was a complete kick in the jaw Madjack matey, though, they did me a favour, I've been whinging about not being able to do nowt for ages now, that long weekend was the only outlet really, and to just pull it spurred me on to sort my shite out... I give them 6 weeks notice so they could get someone, he starts tomorrow actually, which leaves me 3 weeks to train him up on the basics of what we do in the plant, get his head around it, because to be honest, there's that much we do, that many systems and the scale of the place, my head was a melon for the first 3 months I was there.

I didnt want to burn any bridges regardless, I do have further plans, and I might need them, but going back on the sites for the time being will allow me to just leave, though I will be looking at staying in fire stuff, just got to organise it all, but, at the minute, it's impossible with this Covid thing because nearly everyone and everything is on hold, and I reckon it'll be like that to the spring.

Beauty was, when I handed my notice in they were straight away "Well what if we give you weekends?"... Basically locking the stable door when the horse had buggered off, I was like "Nor, I'm a stubborn shit, my mind is made", Graham, the Nissan fire engineer at the plant who is technically our boss there had me in, wanting to know what what was going on and what would keep me, I was like "Nothing, I'm going", he said would I not compromise, and I was like "There's nothing to compromise Graham, nothing to barter, not a single carrot to follow... I'm done!"

And this is the worst part of the whole thing... See, Nissan pay in the budget them days we should get off as long weekends, its all agreed... It costs the firm nothing... So when I told him they were knocked on the head, he never had a clue because we should of had them anyway, so you could imagine his surprise too... Basically, they are banking them days for themselves... So really, ultimately, they lost me because of greeding one days pay a month! :/

Which was bloody annoying to learn, but like I said, I need to hold my tongue because once I get sorted on where I'm heading, I might need them to get work in the plant as I am going to have a word with Graham before I leave, and as such, if I do get work in there, I might have to go through them!

So, yeah, all go me auld fruit... But aye... Probably the only man in the UK to hand his notice in in the middle of a global pandemic! :D
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Online GfK

« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »
Probably the only man in the UK to hand his notice in in the middle of a global pandemic! :D

Wish Boris Johnson would! ;D
Intel I9-9900K 3.6-5.0GHz | GeForce RTX2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.
MSI Apache Pro | I7-7700HQ | GeForce GTX1060 3GB | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2020, 08:55:20 PM »
Lol, well lets face it, they are all struggling a bit, with this Covid thing, the only thing I can tell is that Macron has better hair then everyone else still, I'm sure that quiff is resin'd on mind! ;)

Dabz

Online Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »
No.  Boris Johnson said initially that we should "take it all in one hit, so to speak".  In other words millions would have died.  Then he was told that herd immunity wouldn't work, and millions would have died...So he had to actually do some work. He wasn't up to that, the lazy, fridge hiding entitled prick.

Online GfK

« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2020, 10:25:02 PM »
Dozy fucker does more back-pedalling than a unicyclist.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal