CoronaVirus

Started by Amanda Dearheart, March 24, 2020, 00:44:37

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindalfGames

Quote from: Qube on October 26, 2020, 00:42:21
Do facemarks work? - No they don't as why are cases rocketing again when most are wearing them?
no they don't work because people are F**KING idiots. I work in a coffee shop/restaurant and I see some idiots like for instance
a woman a couple of days ago pulled her face mask down in order to cough.
and one woman yesterday when it was time to pay pulled down her face mask, licked her fingers to rummage through her notes and handed me a 20 pound note with her saliva on it. some people refuse to wear them and we have to kick them out, most people have their nose sticking out, everybody touches and fiddles with their mask(contaminating their hands) and then go and touch everything in sight and then fiddle with their masks again without using any sanitizer.
So no face masks don't work, not because facemasks are useless but because people are to stupid to use them correctly

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

3DzForMe

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Henri

There are probably variety of information out there about face masks, but I find this video has some effort put into it to find the essential bits..

-Henri
- Got 01100011 problems, but the bit ain't 00000001

RemiD

QuoteExcept cases have surged and as of just today, there's been 36,437 new cases and 244 new deaths in France.
it is impossible to know if a person who has others chronic diseases / weaknesses has died because of this virus or because of these others chronic diseases / weaknesses. (614 000 deaths each year in France most of them because of chronic diseases / weaknesses)

even if there are 61 400 deaths (10% of total "normal" deaths per year) interpreted as caused by this virus, i bet that this will not add a lot more deaths per year. but we can't say for now.

however, what we can see is : the death rate has not changed much for 8-11 months (0.05%) and the consequences of this lockdown restrictions will most likely cause a lot of misery and probably diseases / deaths...

most people have their nose sticking out, everybody touches and fiddles with their mask (contaminating their hands) and then go and touch everything in sight and then fiddle with their masks again without using any sanitizer.
i have noticed that too.

So no face masks don't work, not because facemasks are useless but because people are to stupid to use them correctly
even if everybody would use the masks correcty, there is air (and tiny particles of breath and viruses) going out at the sides, at the top, at the bottom.
and considering that there can be around 74 000 000 viruses per 1mm2, well good luck with your illusionary protection.

too weak / too sick people will die, now or later, like each year really, look at the number of deaths per year in your country, why is it necessary to save every too sick too old people this year ?

harsh but true.

i share with you a benevolent advice, do what you want with it : search for list of foods which are considered "glue" (hint : gluten / dairy products / starshy bulbs roots) or "inflaming" (hint : fried / grilled foods) and greatly reduce your consumption. if you have a bad reaction with this virus and your body is full of glue and inflamed, guess what will happen...
if you need to spit mucus or sneeze muscus often, this is a clue that you are ingesting something bad... (ok not the only cause but chronicaly yes, i don't anymore my mucus is clear and i breath easily always)

Madjack

Quotewhy is it necessary to save every too sick too old people this year ?

So brave of you to boldly offer other people's lives as a sacrifice. So inspiring.  ::)

RemiD

almost the end of the year and nothing dramatic hapened (significant in number of deaths and profiles of deads, compared to previous years)... ::)

but our freedoms have greatly decreased... :-X

GrindalfGames

Quote from: RemiD on November 28, 2020, 21:42:24
almost the end of the year and nothing dramatic hapened (significant in number of deaths and profiles of deads, compared to previous years)... ::)

but our freedoms have greatly decreased... :-X

Maybe the amount of deaths not being significantly bigger is because of the restrictions to our freedoms. Imagine the death toll if idiots had been allowed to roam freely and infect everybody around them

Steve Elliott

why is it necessary to save every too sick too old people this year ?

So brave of you to boldly offer other people's lives as a sacrifice. So inspiring.  ::)

Wow, what a prick!  I agree with Jack.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Steve Elliott

Good idea, added to my ignore list too.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

RemiD

i state facts and i get emotional reactions, very original... ::)

Matty

Next time there's a lockdown, or if you are in one, the authorities should provide required training material to those about to enter such as:

Link:

http://m.nautil.us/issue/32/space/how-to-survive-solitary-confinement

Dabz

Its been a shitter of a year for many!

I think we can safely say if 2020 hasn't affected you, then really, saying "It'll be fine" is easy... In April, I lost an uncle who I moved in with when I was divorced from the ex, on Easter Sunday of all days, he's was up and down for a while, had COPD and it got exponentially worse from just before Christmas to March (Which was when he was put in a home), sometimes I was in A&E twice a week as it came to the point he was having progressive fits, he wouldn't go in a home, span loads of yarns, but finally, the social services took that decision away from him... And as such, everyone got the blame, saying we wanted him out the way... Which was hard because I tried so hard to keep the grumpty bugger at home. Then the first lockdown came, and like I said, he passed away on Easter Sunday, on his own in there, which again, the family were gutted because we never really got to say goodbye.

I worked lockdown, all the way though, in the Nissan plant, and, it was a nightmare, when they shut the plant down, things started cooling, things started to relax, like seals on pipework and stuff, and from, say a week all the way back through when they were bringing people back from furlough, I never stopped, and we still had all the normal servicing to do on the fire systems in there as well. The place was completely dead, at anyone time, there was only 9 of us in the whole plant... It was like I Am Legend in there, worse then being quarantined if you ask me... I could go all through my weekly shifts and literally see noone!

One of the guards, an Iragi fella, lovely bloke, Jarrah, his wife had Covid, ended up in hospital, bad as well, he had to stay off for a week self-isolating, but came back because he couldnt go and see her, she was touch and go at one point, he even got a phone call to say be prepared, he was a mess. They quite literally had to slit her throat to get a tube in to hook her up to a ventilator, really nasty, thankfully she pulled around... But walking into the North gate security hut one day and he was crying... You just dont know what to say! Really hit home how shit it is.

And there's more... During lock down, our team was split into 2 in case one half caught it and needed to self isolate, another would take over as cover, so, we were told our shift pattern would be 3 on, 4 off, 4 on, 3 off [days], rinse repeat till lockdown was pretty much over... Very nice you'd think, getting them extra days, but like I said, I'd walk in on a morning and literally not stop till the moment I left. Now, pre-lockdown, we were given a long weekend, as we mostly work weekend (My normal days off are mon/tues), so, once a month we'd have a sat/sun/mon off, with the monday being a days holiday (extra on the 25 or whatever it is you get statuary), so, lockdown was finished, everything was back to "normal", so I wanted my long weekend off in September, just to have a bit of a drink, see people, let my hair down a little... So I asked the gaffer if there was any big jobs on on any of the weekends so I could have my long weekend, work around it... And he turned around and said the long weekends had been knocked on the head... I was like "Eh?", and the reason... Apparently, we never accrued enough days over lockdown to warrant them... I was speechless, for one, it was a bloody awful time, and two... It was news to me, never been consulted (As its in my contract) and it was a kick in the balls because lockdown... Was shit, so that was a great thank you right there... I had to walk out of the office, 9/10 I would of kicked off, probably got sacked, but I kept my cool... But it was that moment really where I decided that I need weekends off, I'm just festering away, and needed to do something about it... I dont need actually!

So, I finish Nissan on the 20 December, I've had enough, weekends I need, there's little political things going on with the team as well, and, I've had enough of that bollocks too, I'm heading back to the sites in the new year... Self employed, I've worked out I only need to work 3 days a week if I want, I'll have stuff covered (Yep, by my surprise, my uncle left me the house so no mortgage or rent), it's been a pig of a year, so like I said in the shout box, I'll be flipping 2020 the finger, going to bed, no attempt to see the new year in, wake up and start all over again in 2021... See how it goes... Will probably be shite again... But I'll try! :D
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Madjack

Best of luck to you Dabz. That thing where management pulled your long weekend after you showed massive flexibility over lockdown was BS.

Dabz

It was a complete kick in the jaw Madjack matey, though, they did me a favour, I've been whinging about not being able to do nowt for ages now, that long weekend was the only outlet really, and to just pull it spurred me on to sort my shite out... I give them 6 weeks notice so they could get someone, he starts tomorrow actually, which leaves me 3 weeks to train him up on the basics of what we do in the plant, get his head around it, because to be honest, there's that much we do, that many systems and the scale of the place, my head was a melon for the first 3 months I was there.

I didnt want to burn any bridges regardless, I do have further plans, and I might need them, but going back on the sites for the time being will allow me to just leave, though I will be looking at staying in fire stuff, just got to organise it all, but, at the minute, it's impossible with this Covid thing because nearly everyone and everything is on hold, and I reckon it'll be like that to the spring.

Beauty was, when I handed my notice in they were straight away "Well what if we give you weekends?"... Basically locking the stable door when the horse had buggered off, I was like "Nor, I'm a stubborn shit, my mind is made", Graham, the Nissan fire engineer at the plant who is technically our boss there had me in, wanting to know what what was going on and what would keep me, I was like "Nothing, I'm going", he said would I not compromise, and I was like "There's nothing to compromise Graham, nothing to barter, not a single carrot to follow... I'm done!"

And this is the worst part of the whole thing... See, Nissan pay in the budget them days we should get off as long weekends, its all agreed... It costs the firm nothing... So when I told him they were knocked on the head, he never had a clue because we should of had them anyway, so you could imagine his surprise too... Basically, they are banking them days for themselves... So really, ultimately, they lost me because of greeding one days pay a month! :/

Which was bloody annoying to learn, but like I said, I need to hold my tongue because once I get sorted on where I'm heading, I might need them to get work in the plant as I am going to have a word with Graham before I leave, and as such, if I do get work in there, I might have to go through them!

So, yeah, all go me auld fruit... But aye... Probably the only man in the UK to hand his notice in in the middle of a global pandemic! :D
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit