code with words (on smartphone) to blitz3d (on laptop) to arduino (on laptop)

Started by RemiD, December 03, 2020, 10:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

RemiD

hi! :)

this is the winter months again where i live, so i am back at coding again ! ;D

however i am not interested in making video games anymore... too time consuming, no real world use.

but for a few years i have been learning and playing with arduino, and since the syntax of the code is sometimes weird, i have found it is easier for me to write the logic in english words / sentences (on my smartphone), make sure it makes sense, then convert this logic to blitz3d code (on my laptop), make sure it works well, then finally convert the logic to arduino code (on my laptop).

however, it is necessary to have a little understanding of what is possible or not with arduino, in order to write the code in a certain way.

i am going to post a few examples here, from time to time.

3DzForMe

Quotebut for a few years i have been learning and playing with arduino, and since the syntax of the code is sometimes weird, i have found it is easier for me to write the logic in english words / sentences (on my smartphone), make sure it makes sense, then convert this logic to blitz3d code (on my laptop), make sure it works well, then finally convert the logic to arduino code (on my laptop).

I'm intrigued about the interim step of using B3D prior to arduino.  I take it arduino natively supports B3D output?

And oh yeah, winters come here already..... Sparrows in the hedge at the front of the house:
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

RemiD

no this is just to prepare / refine the logic, to make sure it works correctly.
code with words (in a a text editor) -> blitz3d code -> arduino code

and it is also for fun, by curiosity, how to convert what i imagine in a 3d virtual world (blitz3d) into a real device / behavior / effect in the physical world. (electronic device)