BLide and new BlitzMax versions...

Started by Taron, January 29, 2020, 13:41:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Taron

Hi all,

is there a way to update BLides BlitzMax "extensions" to work with the new community versions of BlitzMax? Things like overloading still show as ERRORs in BLide, while they do compile just fine. Would just be nice not having to look at errors that are none while coding... :-[

I have been out of the loop for many years and still have some catching up to do.

GW

There is no real way to get blide to understand the new keywords of NG that I know of.  Even if Blide recognized the new keywords, it has an internal parser that would need to be rewritten/modified. 

Here are some other tips for Blide with BmaxNG that I posted a while back.
https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,5404.msg24350.html#msg24350
Good luck.

Taron

AH, thank you, GW! Finally my post got approved!
Awesome, I'll check it out. I figured it wasn't gonna be easy.
I did a brief rundown of the suggested IDEs, but haven't given it a fair shake. I remember BLide was an instant like for me back then, but that's been in the early days already.

May I ask which IDE you're using?

GW

I use Blide for everything except for quick small single file programs.  If you're writing anything that deserves the word 'project', Blide is the way to go.
Sometimes Blide will hide 'Gcc' errors, in which case I'll just load the main file into the default ide and run it to get more verbose output. 
I have some pretty large projects in BmaxNG/Blide including an advanced chiptune tracker and it works pretty well.  Struct/Enum, etc will get skipped by intellisense, but it's not so bad.
Good luck!

Hezkore

I've been working on a VSCode extension for a while.
So if you like VSCode you can use it with BlitzMax Legacy and NG.

Here's a link: https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,5771.0.html
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. 🚀
GitHub
BlitzMax for VSCode
BlitzMax for Vim

Juiceter

Blitzmax is so good I ditched C long ago. We mustn't let it die!