Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Added today:

Wednesday 11th March
Added female company in tavern.
Console changes
Poison and Disease changes
Dice roll changes
Created skeleton warrior graphics and tested them.

blinkok

That looks very cool! The burred style of the tiles makes the characters pop

Matty

Thanks blinkok.

The tiles are painted with a digital paintbrush while the characters are drawn with a digital pencil plus a little bit of digital paint to accentuate the shading...round it off a little.

The tiles are the same as for the young prince game I made but with a changed hue and saturation.  The characters are all new.

I have a base human naked figure which I add clothing and other details to.  I've drawn both male and female human characters.   

Derron

Regarding your compo question - maybe send a Personal Message to Qube (linking to the post or asking in the message directly + referencing the post here). So it does not stay unseen.

bye
Ron

Matty

Greetings.....

I wanted to test on my tablet device so had to upload an early dev version to my webspace.  If you want to have a muck around with it yourself as well you can.

Still to add:
Lots of monsters.
Music.
More interactive features in the town, on the map, and in the dungeons.
Spell effects.
More spells.
And I had an idea which is in the wish list....the player should be able to build their own stronghold or dungeon to store their treasure, and spells, and stock it with monsters that will defend it from other heroes who the game will auto play a hero exploring  your own dungeon...
Second part of pipe dream wish list....if I do add the ability to make your own dungeon it should appear on other online players maps as a location to explore.
http://www.mattiesgames.com/warlock/

Matty

Qube

Quote from: Matty on March 10, 2020, 21:57:29
Query about competition rules as it pertains to my new game:

My newgame is a redo of my previous competition entry.
I did not intend to create this one as a competition entry.
The rules of the current competiton seem to allow my game....with one exception-I began working on it 3 to 4 days before the competition start date.

I am happy for it to be excluded on that basis, but if I finish it before the competition deadline would it be acceptable as an entry?

I didn't want to derail the main competition thread with my question, but...my plan is to make the game and if it is finished before the deadline and is deemed not to be disqualified then I would happily enter it.

Otherwise...work will continue as per normal on the game.

Thanks.
I don't see any issue with that so long as you submit it at least 4 days before the comp finishes. That way everyone has had the same amount of time :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Matty

Some in game screenshots taken from my tablet device in chrome browser.

Attached.

There is now a penalty if you leave a dungeon without completing it.  Each time you exit a dungeon without completing it an army of monsters appears on the main map, finds their way to the nearest town, sacks it and then creates another dungeon there.....if you play really badly I suppose the entire island map could have no towns left...makes buying food and spells difficult!

Matty

There are now goods caravans that you can decide to protect (and fight off brigands should they arrive)....

As well I have updated the graphics renderer, index and initialisation routines to use the full screen area as much as possible while keeping the aspect ratio as 4:3, black borders on right and left....

and a showing of most of the graphics I've developed in the last week and a bit for this game...

Matty

There are now 'Dark Emissaries' that appear on the map, corrupting the landscape who teleport about at regular intervals, setting up dungeons and making the world map into a dark place.....

You can fight them and defeat them ...

This adds a semi story line to the game...since after a certain time the game begins sending these dark emissaries onto the map...which you have to deal with.....and they change the nature of the landscape.

Matty

Matty

Intro sequence (and outro sequence) built.....

scrolling text over an artwork I developed for the game...

Derron

I know I am a bit early with this: but take care of adding polish to the presentation:
- proper fonts (maybe even use a bitmask font for certain elements so they are "more stylized")
- boxes like quests, trading .... they should gain some additonal decoration to make them look a bit more "fantasy"

Stuff like this is a "one time job": do it once and use it everywhere in the game.

PS: thanks for the worklog. Always enjoy reading such stuff.

bye
Ron