PureBasic 2D and 3D

Started by Pfaber11, February 22, 2020, 08:44:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfaber11

Can you use 2D and 3D graphics on the screen at the same time . I was told I can't remember where that you could not do this but this is not true . In my latest game I do this and it works fine . The sight and the score are both 2D on the foreground and the 3D stuff is in the background . Not sure how to detect a collision between a 2D sprite and a 3D entity although I did find a workaround thanks to somebody on here . Mr Qube if you read this perhaps we can have a PureBasic sub forum and maybe move the PB posts to it . I think I may be able to answer some questions as well as ask them now and can potentially help some members out . Thanks for reading 
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

Pfaber11

Yeah point taken there is the official Pure basic forum but I prefer syntax bomb as it's not so clinical . Not sure I worded that correctly but I think you get the idea. As for the 2d 3d thing I was told you had to pick 2d or 3d at the start and that's that.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .

plenatus

Haven´t tried, but in the pb forum Psychophanta wrote that you can handle a sprite in a 3D world like a 3D object.
Why you doesn´t try that with collisions?

If it doesn´t work you can post your code in the pb forum and maybe anybody helps you.
Thats how a forum work.

And just 2cents from me....why you switch between engine/languages every few weeks?
Stand by one and work hard with it and you should found a solution for near every problem.

Pfaber11

Yeah will be sticking with PureBasic from now on . Will try out the 2d sprite in a 3d environment and see what happens . In my latest game I do have a sprite on screen at the same time as a 3d screen and it all works fine . The sprite is my sighting system .

Pfaber11

Hey guess what I'm back to PureBasic but now using OpenGL . Really starting to get into the swing of things after a long break but am doing ok at the moment (KnockOnWood). I think I will be asking questions a lot over the coming months for PB . when I returned to programming after a year off feb 2021 I tried to pick up PureBasic again but was getting nowhere fast . I'm off to a better start this time though . And then I used AGK Studio which I did really like but wanted more of a general language and not one that was aimed mainly at games. I still rate AGK and is a great place to start and a lot of the code can be with a little thought can be written in PureBasic.