dOODY Jump made with Blitzmax+Raylib

Started by GW, February 19, 2020, 18:07:00

Previous topic - Next topic

GW

A basic game test Using Brucey's new raylib module for BlitzmaxNG.  Tested on only on windows so far. Should work on other platforms.  No audio yet.
Exe, sourcecode and textures.  HERE

Derron

You can try the ray audio mod which Brucey just committed today.

Pay attention that the current raylib module config requires OpenGL 3.3 support. So my 2012 laptop (Intel HD 3000 IGP) would fail to start it. There are options to fall back to OpenGL 2 but ...for now this is not done. So if you encounter someone running older hardware and it fails to create the application window, then this is why.

Bye
Ron

GW

Thanks for the info about OGL 3.3. I'll look into the fallback.
I'm still using the initial release of Ray.mod.  The later updates give me pages of gcc errors related to BBdebugscope, so I have to find another solution for audio.
Unfortunatly, I can't get Freeaudio to work either, so I might just use a software mixer and a dll. 

Brucey

I've just made a new BlitzMax Windows release. Hopefully that will solve the issues.
I had to fix some compiler stuff to support using Structs in some new ways - which allows me to keep the raylib examples very close to the originals.

Apologies for any inconveniences caused during construction...

GW

Thanks for all the hard work!
I'm still getting errors with GCC and Raylib even with everything updated.  Is it just me?

Here is an example of the output that exceeds 5k lines.

C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/MinGW32x64/bin/gcc.exe -I"C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/math.mod" -I"C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod" -I"C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod"  -std=c99 -DSTATIC -DSUPPORT_CAMERA_SYSTEM -DSUPPORT_FILEFORMAT_OGG -DSUPPORT_FILEFORMAT_XM -DSUPPORT_FILEFORMAT_MOD -DSUPPORT_FILEFORMAT_FLAC -DSUPPORT_FILEFORMAT_MP3 -DPLATFORM_DESKTOP -D_GLFW_WIN32 -DTHREADED  -w -DBMX_NG -m64 -ffast-math -fno-exceptions -c -O3 -msse3 -s  -g -o "C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/math.mod/.bmx/math.bmx.debug.win32.x64.o" "C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/math.mod/.bmx/math.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c"

In file included from C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.c:1:
C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h: In function 'ray_lib_EaseLinearNone':
C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:269:9: error: variable '__scope' has initializer but incomplete type
  struct BBDebugScope_4 __scope = {
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:272:3: error: extra brace group at end of initializer
   {
   ^
C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:272:3: note: (near initialization for '__scope')
C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:273:4: error: extra brace group at end of initializer
    {
    ^
C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:273:4: note: (near initialization for '__scope')
C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:279:4: error: extra brace group at end of initializer
    {
    ^
C:/Dev/Lang/BmaxNG/mod/ray.mod/lib.mod/.bmx/lib.bmx.debug.win32.x64.h:279:4: note: (near initialization for '__scope')

Brucey

There was an issue with the use of "inline" and compiling in debug. Release builds should be fine.
The issue will be resolved in the next release.