SyntaxBomb - The shit hit the fan!

Started by Qube, February 18, 2020, 06:30:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

As some of you may have seen the website was in maintenance for quite a while :(

For some reason it decided to throw a hissy fit. I've spent a fair few hours getting it back up and running and I've also taken a full domain backup should things go nuts quickly and require more investigation.

The only thing I can see incorrect at the moment is the Recent Topics list on the homepage which isn't populated with older posts than as of now ( not a huge issue )

If anyone spots anything weird or broken then either post here or email me at qube@syntaxbomb.com

Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

Did you update something a bit earlier? Forum, PHP, ... ?
IT Stuff tends to stay behaving as it was if you do not change stuff - or some "time specifica" kicks in ("if now - then > x").

bye
Ron

Qube

Quote from: Derron on February 18, 2020, 06:44:13
Did you update something a bit earlier? Forum, PHP, ... ?
IT Stuff tends to stay behaving as it was if you do not change stuff - or some "time specifica" kicks in ("if now - then > x").
I updated the forum software a couple of days ago and I think it clashed with some plugins causing a system wide cascade failure ;D

I know later this year I need to redo the whole server as CentOS 6 will become no longer supported by cPanel so it'll need to be redone with CentOS 7  >:( - but I'll do the whole VM offline and copy it across which hopefully will be pain free  ::)

I think I've restored the needed files and fixed the DB issues so fingers crossed it'll all run smoothly again  8)
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

dawlane

Sounds like you've got some work on there Qube. And I thought I had it bad with a hard drive starting to fail.

Derron

Ok, so it was "your" fault rather a hardware one. Glad you sorted it out and even plan to update our Matrix VM.

bye
Ron

Naughty Alien

..for a moment, i thought Blitz3D implosion have happened..  ;D

MikeHart

Glad you got it working again.
I will have some forum stuff to be done this year too.

Would you be interested in migrating the CX community here?  :))

Amon

Quote from: GfK on February 18, 2020, 16:06:41
Quote from: Qube on February 18, 2020, 06:30:52

If anyone spots anything weird or broken then either post here or email me at qube@syntaxbomb.com
*looks at Amon*  ;D
HEY! I'll have you know that I am a reveered................ well respected.............weird and broken...............................................ex-convict. sniff...
:)

Qube

Quote from: MikeHart on February 18, 2020, 15:36:43
Sure, no problems :o :P

Until the next time.

Qube

I notice that forum registration is busted too >:( - Ah well, another thing to fix today ::) but main thing is current members can login and post and there seems to be no further issues on that side.

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

Quote.   

Re: SyntaxBomb - The shit hit the fan!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 09:46:59 AM »
..for a moment, i thought Blitz3D implosion have happened..  ;D

.  Nah, we're lucky enuf to have AGK to help prop up the aging (but a bit like Rocky Balboa, never out for the count) Blitz 3D.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Derron

Quote from: Qube on February 19, 2020, 08:04:21
I notice that forum registration is busted too >:( - Ah well, another thing to fix today ::) but main thing is current members can login and post and there seems to be no further issues on that side.

That explains the silence the last weeks :D

Seems plug-ins should be renamed to drop-outs.

Quote from: MikeHart on February 18, 2020, 15:36:43

Is that meant serious? No interest in hosting it anylonger? Or do you see benefits of bringing coders together? Would surely bring back/together some old faces from the brl-days.

bye
Ron

MikeHart

For now rather a non serious remark.  ;D

Qube

Quote from: MikeHart on February 20, 2020, 12:29:58
If you ever need to do that then let me know and I'll happily do it :)

Until the next time.

MikeHart

Quote from: Qube on February 21, 2020, 08:37:24
Quote from: MikeHart on February 20, 2020, 12:29:58
If you ever need to do that then let me know and I'll happily do it :)

Thanks, good to know!