looking for the software to run a blitz3d game in a webbrowser / webpage

Started by RemiD, December 02, 2022, 21:23:07

Previous topic - Next topic

RemiD

hi

i remember that there was a software to run a blitz3d game in a webbrowser / webpage.

does anybody remember the name of this software ? or have a link to the website ?

thanks

Pakz

This was by Maher Farag. I hope I got his name right. He also did the pharao's curse game.

I think I have seen him on this forum. But that was a long time ago.

The tool used activex or some library like that. I think it wont work anymore.

Coincidence was that I was thinking about him earlier. I have that sometimes. I dream or think of something. And it is or was on the news that day or the next morning :) Chaos Theory :)

3DzForMe

Yeah, the old Chaos Theory gets me sometimes as well - yeah, think ActiveX was deprecated some time ago now.

B3D does still work natively on a PC with Windows 11 though, you can't keep a good tool down :)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

RemiD

QuoteThis was by Maher Farag

thanks, i am going to search that.

i ask for this because i have played some breakout games on itch.io, run with the unity web player, and i find this very good for small games, no need to download / extract / install anything. 'plug and play'

RemiD

@Pebender>> thanks for the link.

'OSA kit' was the name of what i was looking for :
www.osakit.com
Overview :
Have you ever dreamed of bringing your game or application online?
Have you ever considered learning Flash or Java to make it happen?
Or even hired a Flash or Java developer to port it for you?
Want to save yourself the time, money and effort of learning another language?
Do you want an easy and fast solution to run your game in the browser window?
Did you kill yourself searching for more shareware promotions and marketing ways?
Do you want to increase your sales?
Do you want an easy way for your customers to run your game without installation problems?
Are you an Indie Game Developer looking for making more money?
If your answer for one or all of the above questions is Yes or if you are searching for something like Whatever2JAVA or Whatever2Flash or a way to covert your game to be played online then look no further! You are at the right place. With OSA Kit you can make your dreams come true as it will help run your game online as easy as copying and pasting a few lines of HTML code into your web page.
Benefits of using OSA Kit :
The OSA Kit will help you increase your sales because :
It will make it hassle and fuss free for your customer to play your game.
Customers prefer the 'play online' to the 'download/install/play' method because it is only one click away.
It is highly possible that the customer will order online as he played/liked your game because he is already online.
and decrease your expenses ,save time and effort because :
No need to learn Flash or Java.
No need to hire someone to port your game to Flash or Java.
Will save your bandwidth because it will only download your game only once and if the user revisits your site to play your game it will not download it again, instead will play it from the cached or pre-downloaded file as long as it is the exact same file at your site. (it compares/timestamps the two files and if they are different it will download the new file).
but it is too old and not compatible with most popular browsers...

but RonTek is working on a way to run blitzbasic games (blastbasic games) in a browser.
https://www.blitzcoder.org/forum/demos.php?id=2
that's great ! :)

i will follow the development...

Dan

65536 GOTO Back2Basic

angros47

OpenB3D can be used inside a browser. I have also combined with a little basic interpreter:
https://openb3d-online.sourceforge.io/

I have successfully managed to use it with FreeBasic (that has a syntax similar to Blitz3D) and compile the code with the Emscripten emitter, producing programs that worked in a web page using 3d graphics.
It is not Blitz3D, but very close

Also, I have a question: I have seen some of the demos made by RonTek, in the past, and I have seen this: https://www.blitzcoder.org/forum/topic.php?id=1395 that make me think Blast3D is based on OpenB3D, internally... is that true?