February 19, 2020, 02:23:55 AM

Author Topic: They mostly code at night .... Mostly  (Read 542 times)

Offline Pfaber11

• Bonjour
    • FABERSGAMES
They mostly code at night .... Mostly
« on: February 06, 2020, 09:25:13 AM »
I put in some hours yesterday . coded most of the day then from 8 pm until 8 am this morning . I just can't help myself when everything is working and progress is being made , just can't put it down .
Celeron N3060 1.6 ghz duel core  4 Gb ram 32 gig storage  HD400 Graphics 160 gig external hard drive....

Offline Derron

Re: They mostly code at night .... Mostly
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 09:35:12 AM »
Be young - and you code only gibberish stuff.
Become a teen - you surely have better stuff to do (sex, parties, ...) than coding in the night.
Get a family - and/or job - then you will see how much time is left for coding "your projects".
Get older - and you won't be able to type in that fast any more without knacking ankles or "stiff" fingers.

Seems a coder night-life can only be in small periods of a life span.

bye
Ron

Offline Pfaber11

• Bonjour
    • FABERSGAMES
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »
I really wish I could Knock ten years off my age but alas it's not a possibility yet . Different folks different strokes . Give me a laptop and a mug of tea and I'm having a great time . Nearly finished what I'm working on and it's my best work yet . My graphics are not that great but they're all mine as is the sound and programming . could have it finished in a week or so . Then I guess it's going on itch.io  . Might do some 2d stuff next we'll see . Really wish I could get paid for doing this but that seems unlikely . If somebody offered me a job doing this I would bite there hand off . Working from home would be even better although a nice office also has appeal.
Celeron N3060 1.6 ghz duel core  4 Gb ram 32 gig storage  HD400 Graphics 160 gig external hard drive....

Offline Pfaber11

• Bonjour
    • FABERSGAMES
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
you know Ron I am 52 years of age and as long as I don't lose my marbles intend to be doing this when I'm 90 , if I get that far and hopefully I will .

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 08:00:51 PM »
@Derron, age is just a number - I cracked my first skate park just over a year ago at 48 years young, did it hurt, yep, do I know I'm alive, yep. Do what makes you happy, all in moderation  ;)

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 02:32:31 AM »
Seems a coder night-life can only be in small periods of a life span.
I've been coding and working at nights from home for over 20+ years now. Sat in a darkened room with only a small table lamp and the monitor for illumination. We don't have any kids but two dogs which I swear are sometimes more work than kids :))
Until the next time...

Offline Derron

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 06:53:43 AM »
[...] I swear are sometimes more work than kids :))

I swear you wouldn't swear if you had kids :)

But yeah, I had coding and gaming nights too - I just more and more prefer to catch enough sleep (if you know that you will be "woken up" at 7am or earlier - no matter what day is). Let's see how it changes when the kids want to sleep longer too :D. Hmm I might then need to make me join in my coding sessions.

Last time I worked "during nights" (till morning light) was when I coded a CMS (complete package) for a company - so self employed. Now my coding sessions end before 1am :). Stuff changes if you do not do it for a living ("required to do in a given time span").

@ skate park
Haven't done such stuff yet too - but I have almost a decade to reach your age :)

bye
Ron

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 07:52:53 AM »
I did the ice rink with the young nephew - never again  :o And I took skating lessons, but the ice was hard and cold and wet and I looked like and electrocuted Rockette  :'(

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 09:54:26 AM »
. @ skate park
Haven't done such stuff yet too - but I have almost a decade to reach your age :)

Ahhh, rest ye not on your laurels.... I started skating at 40 and it was 8 years before I ventured into skatepark land  ;D

That's on quads, ice skates, no thanks, too bloody cold and wet!

Offline Pfaber11

• Bonjour
    • FABERSGAMES
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 01:07:22 PM »
Haven't been skating in 20 years  when I took my nephew to Rollerworld in Derby . Luckily they had a Bar there where kids weren't allowed . Last went ice skating in Nottingham when I was about 12 . I finished my latest Project last night and have uploaded it to the web . Need to get going on something new very shortly . It was my first game with PureBasic and am quite pleased with it . I love it when I complete a project but don't know what to do next . So far I really rate PB although it was my first try with it . Whenever I create a new project I make it better than the last so the quality always gets better . Still not that great compared to you guys on here but I aspire to improve what I do . Happy coding .

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 08:13:43 AM »
  when I took my nephew to Rollerworld in Derby . 

I went there a few years ago - during a mid term break - with my daughter - it was heaving and if it was the only skating venue I'd be put right off ;)  Was up at Grimsby skate park recently.... ;D

Offline MrmediamanX

• 3MX Digital
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2020, 11:02:54 AM »
being 55 I have a tendency to age much slower then my contemporaries, heck I can still shred the skatepark, bomb drops thrice my major,surf,blade,snow board occasionally, granted I don't have kids .... to me age is nothing but a number.
Im prone to being a night owl anyway while knocking back mugs of flat white hazel nut latte's and coding.
side note I just scored a boosted E board,very handy. :) 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal