BlitzMax NG Download

Started by Rooster, June 08, 2017, 21:44:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaron

Pingus

Hi guys,

Old Blitzmax forum user and still Blitzmax user (Jewel Match games)...
I finally found (I hope) a new home here. I would like to check NG a bit further but I'm not very used to the compilation stuff, is there is a recent link on a already builded NG version for PC, more recent than the one here http://www.bmx-ng.com/main/downloads/ ?

RonTek

Quote from: Pingus on August 29, 2017, 02:01:27
Hi guys,

Old Blitzmax forum user and still Blitzmax user (Jewel Match games)...
I finally found (I hope) a new home here. I would like to check NG a bit further but I'm not very used to the compilation stuff, is there is a recent link on a already builded NG version for PC, more recent than the one here http://www.bmx-ng.com/main/downloads/ ?

Hey Pingus, try downloading the latest release on the official github repo:

https://github.com/bmx-ng/bmx-ng/releases

Pingus

Ok thanks it works quite nicely. I was able to compile an old game for 64 bits, fun !

Of course when it comes to compiling for Android thats another issue, but that should go in another topic.

Juiceter

I'm not going to give up on blitzmax. I'm too in to it! It's a wonderful language. Although it does things differently to blitz 2d which I used to use, I'm used to it now. I hope Brucie doesn't give up on it either.

sphinx

Quote from: Juiceter on September 15, 2017, 14:10:46
I'm not going to give up on blitzmax. I'm too in to it! It's a wonderful language. Although it does things differently to blitz 2d which I used to use, I'm used to it now. I hope Brucie doesn't give up on it either.

I wish that too, even though I have plan B which is AGK.
I am aware that BlitzMax is superior in the sense it is more general purpose language but you have to be ready with more than one weapon.
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

ms62

I think multi-platform-ism has killed BlitzMax. I wish BlitzMax was for Windows 64-bit only.

Steve Elliott

I think multi-platform-ism has killed BlitzMax. I wish BlitzMax was for Windows 64-bit only.

An interesting perspective.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

sphinx

Quote from: ms62 on September 28, 2017, 14:09:24
I do not agree!
On contrary, it is what keeps it alive right now.
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

ms62

Download link for NG take me to a blanks page.

markcwm

Dabz set that site up (bmx-ng.com) so I guess he's not renewing his domain name.

New Bmx users should get the latest official Bmx NG release (currently 0.87) instead of Dabz's older 0.77 version.

ms62

Good, thanks, I download it.

Rooster

Dabz

Dabz set that site up (bmx-ng.com) so I guess he's not renewing his domain name.

I did, and for the most part, I was going to keep it going, but I had a few domains kicking around and decided to let a lot of them go, including bmx-ng.com, there was really very little traffic on there, like, next to none, and thought it wouldnt be missed...

Obviously I was wrong!  :-[

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

markcwm

Well it was a useful site and served it's purpose I'm sure for many people, so thank you Mr. Dabz! I found the 0.77 windows release useful, at a time when NG often had bugs, I also had fun using the Android tutorial to build firepaint successfully. I backed them up to the tutorials board btw.

Just wondering if that issue with NG apps not being allowed to run on Samsung phones was ever fixed?