Artwork (progress)

Started by Matty, June 16, 2017, 20:48:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Someone I once loved...and myself at a holiday spot in Olinda in 2016. Painted this morning.

Matty

With my mental health and mental illness I used to experience mental distress about paranoid thoughts regarding very human level type conspiracies.

Things like exploding phone batteries, my workplace sending out emails about me, and all sorts of things.

These days those delusions and paranoias are gone.

However in their place have (which I manage somehow) entered visions and imaginations even more horrifying such as this one:

(see attached)

If you can't understand the image....read the text at the bottom it might give you some insight into what I'm suggesting I sometimes feel I may be going through.

Matty

Thanks.  I do appreciate your comment.

Matty

Ps-I have seen various professionals for over 20 years.  While I agree in principle with your comment I do not believe they necessarily have all the best nor right answers.  And....a 30 minute chat once per 4 weeks is not  a perfect solution by any means...

Matty

Derron

As proportions etc seem very good I assume you draw by reference or directly traced an image?

Do not really like the harsh "strokes" (hair). A bit blending would help I think. Also the outlines have an ... dunno how to describe ... odd shape, like "paper cut outs glued on top".

But as said - proportions and positions (eyes, nose) look quite good.

bye
Ron

Matty

Something a little different......

I wrote a program to paint in a slightly more 'impressionistic' style with dabs of light....

Matty

First painting done with Wacom Tablet this year - an original from an imagination I had just after waking from a dream.