Artwork (progress)

Started by Matty, June 16, 2017, 20:48:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Sketched before work on Tuesday morning.

Matty

Before work on Wednesday Morning....

I like this one..I know it has errors - such as the eyes are too far apart but I still like the picture...it has come out quite well in my mind...I'm still very simplistic though....so much I can't do yet....but maybe one day - in another few years I'll produce something that looks like real artist work...but it's nice anyway.

Matty

Drawn in a moment at lunch at work.....

I call it: "Here are the launch codes"

Matty

More notebook sketches in past few days.....

Rick Nasher

Hi Matty,

Haven't been round much for while(healh issues).

But I must say I liked the "Tuesday morning", "My Dad", "My neighbour and friend who lives over the road" and "..from a photo reference of a cosplayer I found online", etc.

I see progress too and it's always good to learn techniques. But it's good to see you do not loose abiltiy to caputure
unique impressions/expressions for those are *the* essentials.

I mean, I can do near photographic paintings(well nearly for I'm a bit colorblind), but that doesn't mean a thing without authenticity and the ability of capturing the essentials of moments/impressions. Those are way more important, for over time anyone can learn techniques.

Most great artist have very good techinques, but eventually toss that overboard in favour for a minimalistic approach and adopt a certain vagueness, just as great poets and songwriters. They take you somewhere, tell you a bit of a story and put your imagination at work to fill in the blanks so that everyone feels it apeals to them personally.

I think this is what you have already naturally, which I really, really like.

You capture the features of the girls that would make one fall in love with very well and in turn it makes a person curious about the girl and feel the same as the artist. Same goes for how you captured the essence of other personalities, it's like you've captured their soul. - Great stuff.

Keep it up.

Matty

Drawn at 5am this morning when I got up.

Rick Nasher

That's exactly what I mean.

It has that feel. Same I used to have when was 18 studying ICT and there was one of these girls in class that had a certain something that stuck for years.

Matty

Thanks Rick. Appreciate that. Ta.

Matty

Only two done so far this year...I'm a bit slower this year - been going to the gym instead....had other things to spend time on...but will get back to these...

MrmediamanX

nicely done, I haven't put pen/pencil to paper in decades.
there should be a few of my older then old art floating around.
found it:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/bagjac1/t4-1.jpg
http://s306.photobucket.com/user/bagjac1/library/?sort=3&page=10

And 2 artsy games I had done awhile ago ... they deal with serious subject matter so be wary.
https://mrmediamanx.itch.io/the-jaunty-skeleman-chronicles-episode-1-noose
https://mrmediamanx.itch.io/prison-of-a-broken-doll

all & all keep at it man... you'll do just fine.
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

Matty

MrMediaManX - your drawings are excellent.

Yes - the subject matter of your two games are a little grim - but well drawn.

I like your pictures..they have a sense of a 'proper artist' feel to them.

Did another this morning myself....

MrmediamanX

very cool... Here's a bit of random-ness while I wait for my game to be done with bug testing.
a caricature for ya man....done in ms paint with a mouse, not the greatest of tools.
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

Derron

It's not the tools - it's the painter who does the job. ... a great job.

bye
Ron

Rick Nasher

I've a figurative pic of a painting I did years ago, which I could post, but not sure if allowed for shows a 'boob'. Facebook probably wouldn't.. lol
Then again it's art and I doubt the Louvre would black bar it's paintings and statues, nor do they reject children from entering. plus I do not consider it to be erotica as it's about curves and beauty and is not picture-perfect as in a photograph.

Nevertheless if you object Qube, as it's your board and your house rules which I do not want to disrespect, then please let me know and I'll take it down.

Anyway, here goes.
It's called "Man in a rocking chair with a book." , as one time my dad, his girlfriend and her 7 year old son came to visit and when they asked him what he saw in it, *that* was his answer, much to our amusement as you can imagine.  ;)

It's bit hard to see due to reflection, but is in dark black with blue, silvery and whitish oil paint.

Matty

Thanks.  I like your paintings mrmediamanx.  Very good.  Especially second one.

Nice painting rick too.