Artwork (progress)

Started by Matty, June 16, 2017, 20:48:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Pastel drawing over pencil again...this time I took a picture of myself holding a staff while in my underwear and put the clothing over the top.

It's kind of like a druid or something I suppose.

Matty

Self portrait.....pencil

Derron

Seems we share a beard :-)

Symmetry in the pencil drawing is better than some days before - headshape on the "left" (POV: right) is a bit too straight - maybe your head is that way, so excuse me ;-)

bye
Ron

Matty

Couple of images sketched while out today...

Man with beard drawn from imagination while at a cafe.

Woman with sunglasses drawn partially from imagination and partially from what I saw at the park - while I was at the park next door to my house sitting at the park bench/table.

They're low res because I drew them on a very small sketch pad. 

I enjoy drawing, it is a nice entertaining pursuit when there's not much else available to do at the time.

Matty

Matty

Tree and comments made while observing and drawing from memory.

Derron

Twitterstyle (less words)

Dancer + Warrior: proportions wrong (hip, leg, chest dimensions).
Tree: ok
Low-Res: ok as it hides (up to non existing) asymmetrie a bit.

bye
Ron

Rick Nasher

Like the dancer. It's like it supposed to be like that: the impression of certain bodyparts that caught your attention is very well demonstrated and drawn while other parts are less well drawn and catch less attention.
I think I really like that style. It draws focus to where the artist wants and makes one wonder especially when mentioned where was seen.

BTW: practicing the drawing of trees is a very basic technique that forces one to see how they really are.
Hands but even more so feet, due to their perspectives can be quite a challenge at first.

Matty

Thanks Rick and Derron for all the comments..thanks for both the positives and the constructive criticisms.

Here's another....I like this one..did it this morning when I first got up....

Matty

Matty

Good Morning again...about to head out for a coffee and do some drawing at the library but....

I thought I'd post this image. It is a collection of images I have drawn that I feel capture my style of art quite well.

I've been looking at other artists to get a feel for what my style is and so on. Haven't looked too deeply yet.

But what I've noticed is - apart from the fact that I'm still a beginner learning the skills - I have a definite style that is distinct from say any of the art you'd find on DeviantArt or Etsy.

My work has its own feel to it.  And it's not just the raw feel of an artist who is still learning his skills.

There's a definite look and feel that my work has that is different. Not saying it is better in quality at all. Just that it has a particular style about it that I don't really see when I've gone looking at other artwork so far.

See the image below for an example.

Matty

A warrior drawn before work.

Derron

Shoe size 18 ?

Facial expression is nice.
Sword would surely have a longer handle if it was that long (like a 2hand sword).

bye
Ron

Matty

Good Morning (or evening) People.

I've drawn approximately 20-30 pictures since I last posted so I thought I'd post a selection (3) of the 'better' ones that I did recently.

Here you are:

A dancer, a man drawn in an art class I attended recently and a woman drawn from an image on my phone the other morning.

Dancer:

Man in Art Class:

Random Woman On Phone:

Thanks.

Rick Nasher

The bold guy looks like someone at work, who had raised sarcasm to an artform, but also is captured by his inability to leave.
The girl face looks intriguing, like someone I've seen before an actress or so.

I like the way you capture expressions, impressions of peoples soul.
Don't know if intended that way or coincidence but surely nicely done.