Artwork (progress)

Started by Matty, June 16, 2017, 20:48:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Derron

- maybe randomize images (they steadily repeat for now)
- have thumbs (you load bigger images as you display)

are all the images yours - just to avoid that you have some copyright infringements ;)
http://www.mattiesgames.com/art/2018p189a.jpg

bye
Ron

Matty

Yes. That image is a photograph.  One is a portrait of me from my ex girlfriend.

Derron

> Yes. That image is a photograph.  One is a portrait of me from my ex girlfriend.

I am not sure if I got you right now ;)
That picture is a photo you did ... but it portraits some monsters :)
... monsters which most probably are not your creations or did you do them? Just want to say: just because I take a picture of a painting of yours I cannot just publish this picture without your permission (which you could have given by a "pd/cc0/cc-by... licence".

bye
Ron

Matty

I painted the monsters.  Little plastic figurines.  Posed them.  Set up the model scenery and then photographed them and postprocessed.

No different than photographing toys youve bought.

Derron

OK  ... yes that might be some artistic freedom then. Just wanted to avoid people photographing sceneries they found somewhere...

bye
Ron

Matty

Self Portrait digitally painted.

Matty

Matty

One of the staff at the gym I go to....from photo reference.

Matty

Matty

Pencil sketch coloured with Wacom, and used a picture of Brom's for a reference to sketch from (not traced, just used for inspiration)

Derron

This looks ... uhm .. just weird.

eyes (vertical displaced, almost on the side as if it was a horse) ... nose (because of the eyes) ...  body assymmetry (her left breast is 1.5* wide as her right).
And then ... Dunno what they did to her right arm but either she was born this way or they did something very harmful to her.

Her left arm ... dunno if the white is "background" but if that was a background then her arm seems to be ...  like the part below the knot on a knotted air balloon.

With a different shading on her inner elbow part ... it would look like it should (she moves her arm behind her just to smash her sword).

Color: nice choise - but you need to fade out on certain areas to not just look bluntly "drawn over" (especially her hair looks odd then)
Shading: think this is the best job in this pixture - albeit it is a bit "pillow shading" (does not matter much - as I like pillow shading).

Sorry for the harsh words this time. But I think they were needed today.

PS: Glad you are trying out the wacom (think it needs a lot of training to become confident with it - I do not have enough training yet ).

bye
Ron

Matty

I must be blind..I love it.

Pakz

@matty you look like commander wil riker from star trek :)

Btw - I was doing a bit of pixelart recently. I put a picture in the galleries on this site. Spaceships! and scifi :D

Derron

Quote from: Matty on November 07, 2019, 19:04:16
I must be blind..I love it.

without joking: you might have something in your brain/mind doing exactly this: shifting what you see. There are people who would only paint all numbers of a clock on half the circle. And others may see assymmetry not the same as others.

So: would you say that the proportions / anatomy of the painted characters over the last years were all top notch / good or do you recognize that some look a bit "odd" ?

bye
Ron