0.12.17 released

Started by chrisws, December 22, 2019, 06:37:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurel [banned]

Well first of all you cannot uninstall it , sBasic is a portable program,
and well your example is a too trivial ,error you have don't have nothing with editor
- do you understand that?
AurelEditSB.exe is also portable program .
First you must open your sbasicg or sbasicg64 and right click on smallbasic editor and TURN OFF editor option.
So ,do you do that ?
if you do that ,,then close app
then run AurelEditSB.exe click openFile toolbar button ,navigate to examples and open one of examples
then click on toolbar button compile64 and your program will run .
That is how work on my win7_64bit Ultimate.
(Y)

lettersquash

Quote from: Aurel on March 24, 2020, 20:40:00
Well first of all you cannot uninstall it , sBasic is a portable program,
Er yeah, so I said "uninstall" to mean "deleted". ETA: and I said I uninstalled your editor, not sBasic.

and well your example is a too trivial ,error you have don't have nothing with editor
- do you understand that?
Not really, but nor do I really care. I spent a bit of time telling you something that might be useful to you in your project. If it's not, ignore it.

AurelEditSB.exe is also portable program .
Yep.

First you must open your sbasicg or sbasicg64 and right click on smallbasic editor and TURN OFF editor option.
Well you didn't mention that, did you? Am I supposed to be a mind reader?

So ,do you do that ?
No.

if you do that ,,then close app
then run AurelEditSB.exe click openFile toolbar button ,navigate to examples and open one of examples
then click on toolbar button compile64 and your program will run .
That is how work on my win7_64bit Ultimate.
You're welcome.
I'll have you know, I'm coding all the right commands, just not necessarily in the right order.

Aurel [banned]

QuoteI spent a bit of time

Hi lettersquash
is that hard this days to try something?
AurelEdit is in first place code editor written for  Oxygen Basic and is written in Oxygen basic compiler.
AurelEditSB is a modification of that program that can work with smallBasic.
For option TURN OFF i also don't know then Bplus told me about that.

QuoteYou're welcome
Is that mean that work or not? thanks  ;)
(Y)

lettersquash

Hi Aurel, I didn't try anything else.

No, it wasn't "hard" to try what I did, I have just found your responses a bit annoying. First, I noticed here on the forum your notification that you had written the editor, which you say is compatible with smallBASIC so I tried using it, but there were no instructions - or I didn't see any instructions - on how to use it, so I used my common sense and experience in "installing" stand-alone software, ran it, and found:

• that it prompted me for a .o2 file by default. No matter, I switched to all files and tried a .bas file...
  • that the "Run" button didn't do anything, not only not running the script, but no error report, nothing...
  • "Compile" reported syntax errors that clearly are not syntax errors, since the script runs perfectly well in smallBASIC editor, and...
  • "Help" also did nothing.
Now, these aren't major criticisms. I wasn't annoyed about them, and I was only trying out the editor on the off chance it might be useful in some way. I "uninstalled" (deleted) it. Meanwhile, you posted that there was an update, so, for a break from programming and worrying about the apocalypse I thought what the hell, I'll try again. What have I got to lose apart from more write cycles to my SSD? Again, all reasonable attempts to get it to work for me, given the information I had about it, didn't work. I did that at least twice, with different versions, in different folders (after instruction that it had to be in the folder where sbasicg was, which was also the first I'd heard of it). Then, when I bothered to help you by reporting my experience, you seemed to criticise my use of my native language (which appears not to be yours), and telling me I had to alter the way smallBASIC works too.

You now say:
QuoteFor option TURN OFF i also don't know then Bplus told me about that.
Excuse my bluntness, but you seem to be doing quite a few things without knowing much about them, and perhaps you ought to learn about them, do your debugging and provide adequate instructions. Or, if not, just accept that people won't have positive experiences with your software and will give less than agreeable feedback.
I'll have you know, I'm coding all the right commands, just not necessarily in the right order.

Aurel [banned]

Hi LS
There is no need for such a large explanation,but thanks.
So i repeat again
1.something is wrong with 32bit version of smallBasic because when i run sbasicg.exe
app just hang in a taskbar and not respond.
2.On win7_64bit and i tried on win10_64bit all work well.
Because all this strange problems i stop to work on SB version ,and also remove all attachments,
see ya..
(Y)

bplus

Quote from: Aurel on March 25, 2020, 15:13:51
Hi LS
There is no need for such a large explanation,but thanks.
So i repeat again
1.something is wrong with 32bit version of smallBasic because when i run sbasicg.exe
app just hang in a taskbar and not respond.
2.On win7_64bit and i tried on win10_64bit all work well.
Because all this strange problems i stop to work on SB version ,and also remove all attachments,
see ya..

Yeah, I was really leery about switching off the SmallBASIC Editor On/Off switch to use Aurel's Editor.

Once it's switched off it's damn hard to switch back on (Chris might have fixed this but I had an experience in past that I never want to repeat), like if you just want to make a quick edit from built-in editor while running a program, you can't. People who don't actually develop programs in SmallBASIC using built-in editor would never notice the problem.

Ha! try making an edit to an EXE while it's running, round157!

Plus for Aurel, English is not his primary language so it can get quite frustrating communicating back and forth. I have to give people credit for their patience in this situation and specially those who wish to share with English speaking peoples.
1 person likes this

Aurel [banned]

QuoteOnce it's switched off it's damn hard to switch back on
thanks Bplus ..so there is a freakin problem...
I only know that i will stop wasting my programming time with sb version.
(Y)

round157

Quote from: Aurel on March 26, 2020, 17:11:51

so there is a freakin problem...

Solving a complicated problem is hard and communication is also not easy.

bplus

Quote from: Aurel on March 26, 2020, 17:11:51
QuoteOnce it's switched off it's damn hard to switch back on
thanks Bplus ..so there is a freakin problem...
I only know that i will stop wasting my programming time with sb version.

Ha! well I might be the freak with the problem, as I said Chris may (likely has) already fixed this switch thing.
1 person likes this