0.12.17 released

Started by chrisws, December 22, 2019, 06:37:34

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisws

Quote from: k1 on December 25, 2019, 13:12:14
There seems to be no "sleep" function in the SB, to give other processes cpu time.
There are two different sleep type functions, delay and pause
https://smallbasic.github.io/reference/806.html
https://smallbasic.github.io/reference/809.html

Quote from: k1 on December 25, 2019, 13:12:14
It would be nice (useful) if there were a C-emitter to be able to create an optimized final native code. Interpreted (outright interpreted) basic is good for fast prototyping, and a subsequent on-demand compiler could make the final code run fast.
There are already other BASIC projects that do this.

k1

Quote from: chrisws on December 25, 2019, 21:41:40
Ok, 'delay' does the trick.
Unfortunately I know not of any such project (i.e. in this list none fit my req. : https://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/basic.shtml ).
Also, other projects may have other quirks.. I like SB for its elegance.

Another question: Can I use (system) DLLs with SB?

chrisws

Quote from: k1 on December 26, 2019, 12:11:13
Quote from: chrisws on December 25, 2019, 21:41:40
Ok, 'delay' does the trick.
Unfortunately I know not of any such project (i.e. in this list none fit my req. : https://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/basic.shtml ).
Also, other projects may have other quirks.. I like SB for its elegance.

Another question: Can I use (system) DLLs with SB?

Thanks for the link - what about something like bacon?

You could use DLL's via the module mechanism.
Take a look here for some examples: https://github.com/smallbasic/smallbasic.plugins
This is assuming the module DLL can call some other DLL.

Aurel [banned]

(Y)

round157

Quote from: chrisws on December 22, 2019, 06:37:34
I thought I should finally release the old/new/updated FLTK version...........

The editor(sbasici.exe) is sophisticated and appropriate. Thank you! I have one question. In the pull-down menu(View/Text Color), colours can be selected for different types of texts. My question is that there is no 'Line Numbers" in the menu. If bright colours can be selected for line numbers in dark themes, users will be more convenient.

chrisws

Quote from: round157 on January 03, 2020, 22:54:46

The editor(sbasici.exe) is sophisticated and appropriate. Thank you! I have one question. In the pull-down menu(View/Text Color), colours can be selected for different types of texts. My question is that there is no 'Line Numbers" in the menu. If bright colours can be selected for line numbers in dark themes, users will be more convenient.

The line number column color is set by the built-in themes, but there's no menu item to set this individually. I can add this to the next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Chris

round157

Quote from: chrisws on January 08, 2020, 21:15:06
Quote from: round157 on January 03, 2020, 22:54:46

The line number column color is set by the built-in themes, but there's no menu item to set this individually. I can add this to the next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Chris

It will be a very useful feature in the next release. Thanks a lot. You are so professional and responsible.

round157

I have enough time to try the new editor(sbasici.exe) carefully today and I want to report a bug in the new editor. I describe it as 'slow motion' bug. Some examples are run very slowly. For example, gold.bas, particles.bas, space.bas, bonkers.bas, etc. The operating systems are 32-bit Win XP and 64-bit Win 10.

Aurel [banned]

I don't see how this be connected with editor .
Is same thing also with my editor ??
(Y)

bplus

Speed hit when using new editor also reported in reply #1
1 person likes this

round157

Quote from: Aurel on January 17, 2020, 07:32:08

Is same thing also with my editor ??

The problem does not happen in your editor. :)

Aurel [banned]

(Y)

round157

Today I have time to look into SmallBASIC and the default editor(sbasici.exe) again. An Export option is in the File menu. This option does not make an EXE file for the source code. How an EXE file be made? Thanks.

bplus

Hi Chris,

I was testing stuff in version sbasicg64.exe v12.17 and tried Debug. Windows 10-64 popped up some kind of Firewall protection complaint; it was so complicated I just closed the thing. After that my letter keys and spacebar didn't print anything in Editor. I tried all sorts of things including downloading again new zip packs for v 12.17 and renaming sbasicg64.exe something else. All failed to get letters to print in Editor. Fooling around some more, I learned when shift key was engaged or caps lock on the letters would print but all caps of course. So WTH?

PS seem to have all proper privileges in Windows Properties details and security and everything else seems to work including arrow keys, page keys, backspace and delete and on-line access to samples. Things are working OK in new Editor but I had to toggle resize window for letter printing there. Runs too sluggish to work in. Ha! watch the Hexagonal Minesweeper game from here  :P watch each cell take a fraction of second to PAINT, YIKES!
https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,7059.msg34054.html#msg34054

Fortunately for me, sbasicg64.exe v12.13 from another folder is still working fine and I got as far as I could with Hexagonal Minesweeper. I don't remember having so much trouble with stack from regular Minesweeper after you fixed it's size. Maybe it's not the stack but something happens when sweeping lot's of zero cells and it happens more often when there is a bigger field = potentially bigger sweeps.
1 person likes this

chrisws

Quote from: round157 on February 05, 2020, 00:14:55
Today I have time to look into SmallBASIC and the default editor(sbasici.exe) again. An Export option is in the File menu. This option does not make an EXE file for the source code. How an EXE file be made? Thanks.
The export option is for running the program in android. Sorry there is no option to make an EXE.