0.12.17 released

Started by chrisws, December 22, 2019, 06:37:34

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisws

I thought I should finally release the old/new/updated FLTK version before the apocalypse completely takes over :(

There were a couple of version numbers skipped due to android only releases.

Let me know if you find any issues.

Also, please consider dropping a few bucks onto any of the Australian wildlife rescue funds.

Cheers,
Chris

bplus

Hi Chris,

Wow multi-tabs, files and output windows very nice!

Looks like will takes some getting use to, first off having difficulty figuring out how to stop a run without exiting everything neither the right click nor the top right X to click are available. A short cut X on tabs would be nice.

Also looks like graphics eg fire, Celtic Knot #3 took huge speed hits ;(
I copy and paste fire.bas to sb64.exe and might be normal speed, can 64 be run through ftlk editor?
1 person likes this

Aurel [banned]

Hello boys..
first .. it would be nice to add download link for people who wants to try..right?
https://smallbasic.github.io/pages/download.html
And Chris this new editor looking nice and far better if you ask me (nothing against original
which is very unusual and tricky to use)
just for comparison i add screen shots...
:)
(Y)

round157

Thanks. I have downloaded the version.

chrisws

Quote from: Aurel on December 22, 2019, 18:18:26
And Chris this new editor looking nice and far better if you ask me (nothing against original
which is very unusual and tricky to use)
just for comparison i add screen shots...
:)
The new editor is actually the old editor lol. The old editor was made in the older FLTK v2.0. I converted all the code to the new FLTK v1.4 API (lol to those version numbers). Aurel your editor looks really good! Have you thought about closer integration with sbasicg.exe? You could launch it in "live" mode where it waits for the file to change (in your editor) and then restarts. You could probably also add the debugging handling (via sockets) and also integrated online help. Take a look at the code to work out what's going on here. Also if you need any changes to sbasicg.exe to help with integration that would be cool.

Aurel [banned]

1.Have you thought about closer integration with sbasicg.exe?
- Hi Chris , i am not sure that i understand your questions properly so i split it,,,
-- closer integration...do you can explain it little bit more ?
2.You could launch it in "live" mode where it waits for the file to change (in your editor) and then restarts.
--- what is a live mode ?
3.You could probably also add the debugging handling (via sockets) and also integrated online help.
--- debugging handling (via sockets), well i really don't know what is that ???
4.Take a look at the code to work out what's going on here.
--- do you can explain which code ?
Also if you need any changes to sbasicg.exe to help with integration that would be cool.

sorry chris if my questions are stupid
probably because i am windows api oriented
(Y)

johnno56

Hi Chris,

I have downloaded the latest version (Linux) and it looks nothing like the IDE in Aurel's screenshot... In fact, it looks like the earlier version... "About" indicates the new version... Am I doing something wrong or is the IDE available only for Windows?

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

chrisws

Quote from: johnno56 on December 23, 2019, 11:13:49
Hi Chris,

I have downloaded the latest version (Linux) and it looks nothing like the IDE in Aurel's screenshot... In fact, it looks like the earlier version... "About" indicates the new version... Am I doing something wrong or is the IDE available only for Windows?

J

Hi johnno, the debian linux package is only for the SDL version.

I was thinking of playing around with AppImage and could try and make the FLTK version available with that. Would that work on your machine?

Aurel [banned]

Hi chris
please don't forget to answer on my questions
simply believe me i am confused.
(Y)

johnno56

Hi Chris,

Thanks for answering so quickly.

Not complaining about the lack of IDE, just curios. I do not know enough about the "internals" of Linux to answer your question. But, seeing as I am the only one asking, the demand for a similar IDE for Linux may not be there. I am quite happy to continue using the current method. I can always attempt to use Geany or Atom as IDE's if needs be...

Many thanks for the new version...

J

ps: Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year!!
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.

chrisws

Quote from: Aurel on December 23, 2019, 13:11:15
Hi chris
please don't forget to answer on my questions
simply believe me i am confused.
Hi Aurel, 

I've update the SDL page with the details. Let me know if there's anything I've missed or that is still unclear.

https://smallbasic.github.io/pages/sdl.html

Cheers,
Chris

chrisws

Quote from: johnno56 on December 23, 2019, 20:32:56
Not complaining about the lack of IDE, just curios. I do not know enough about the "internals" of Linux to answer your question. But, seeing as I am the only one asking, the demand for a similar IDE for Linux may not be there. I am quite happy to continue using the current method. I can always attempt to use Geany or Atom as IDE's if needs ps:
FYI: From the blurb: "AppImages are self-contained apps which can simply be downloaded & run on any Linux distribution"
Here's one I've used quite a bit: https://www.appimagehub.com/p/1237943/

Aurel [banned]

Hi Chris

I understand now about what kind of integration you mean .
As you probably known scintilla is a standalone editing control in a dll shape and if i
wish to integrate it on such a way then i need to recompile it in C aka creating new dll
i know how to do that , but still then is not possible to get that level of inegration with sbasicg.exe.
I always use editor as separate exe with my interpreters.
(Y)

k1

Quote from: Aurel on December 22, 2019, 18:18:26
first .. it would be nice to add download link for people who wants to try..right?
Indeed!

k1

There seems to be no "sleep" function in the SB, to give other processes cpu time.

It would be nice (useful) if there were a C-emitter to be able to create an optimized final native code. Interpreted (outright interpreted) basic is good for fast prototyping, and a subsequent on-demand compiler could make the final code run fast.